How do they do that

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So question for people. How do you get a super crisp image focusing at night. Last night I was trying to take pictures of lighting and the clouds dont really give you a good place for autofocus since its all uniform color patterns etc. Im using the kit lens so I cant do the infinity thing like I have read some lens have and trying to manual focus in the dark is a pita?

Im using the kit lens so I cant do the infinity thing like I have read some lens have and trying to manual focus in the dark is a pita?
Yes you can. Turn AF off, turn your lens to the #8 on its side. You're now at infinity. (Back off infinity ever so slightly)

Ah thanks Kundalini, most infinity demostrations that I saw online had two focusing rings mentioned. I will try this for my next storm or moon shot.

Im using the kit lens so I cant do the infinity thing like I have read some lens have and trying to manual focus in the dark is a pita?
Yes you can. Turn AF off, turn your lens to the #8 on its side. You're now at infinity. (Back off infinity ever so slightly)

does that matter if you are all the way zoomed out or in?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back