How do you approach someone?

jackieclayton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mominmarianas.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some shots yesterday on location of a very hot political scene (a high school)... looking back at them I would love to have a subject in one of them... I noticed a few people walking around late in the afternoon and would like to go back next week to see if there is anyone there who wouldn't mind posing in a shot...

question is: how do you approach someone? I understand about contracts and stuff, and maybe i'm just on the shy side, but just wanted to know how you guys approach a perfect stranger and ask to take their picture without coming across weird?

I look at the thread "capture a stranger street style" and wonder how you guys do it with their permission? Do you get turned down??

thanks for the help!

Hi, can I please take your picture?

It has never let me down.

i just didn't know if people get weirded out by that stuff or something... i'm thinking perhaps giving these shots to our island magazine to see if they would want to use them in any future editorial about the school, so i'd need to have a model contract on hand, right? I'm just envisioning having like one of the students pose in one of the pictures, it'd give more a feeling towards it...

i've never approached anyone to take their picture so i didn't know what the general feedback was like and what are the best ways to go about it...

Approaching someone is fine, if you want a posed picture, but not so good, if you want a natural shot.

skieur

Hi, I'm................and I'm always looking to keep my portfolio updated and you have an interesting face that I think would help accomplish that. May I make some images of you?

Just in case one of us has our 15 minutes of fame could you sign this form for me giving me permission to use your likeness?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back