How do you fight GAS?

It's difficult to fight it when you are as young as you currently are, and when you have so little equipment. When you do not own much, every new item does represent a potential new capability; if a guy does not own a wide-angle lens, he cannot shoot wide-angle shots; if a guy does not own a 300/2.8, he cannot shoot shots that require that lens; same thing with FAST lenses, or whatever.

I say buy used gear, and figure out what EXACTLY is needed for your interests. Buy a few GOOD lenses, ones that will really be useful to you, and use those. Consider what is needed most, and buy the most-useful stuff first.

I use the old age philosophy of STUD-Shop Till U Drop :greenpbl:

Be like Pixmedic and don't fight it. Put all the other gear in a closet and eventually you will be able to part with some of it and give it away on here. ;)

I fight it by being broke sometimes.

Heck don't fight it... Frankly eating and having a roof over your head are vastly overated. :mrgreen:

New camera it is! Looks like the conservative bunch are being overruled :lmao:

New camera it is! Looks like the conservative bunch are being overruled :lmao:

If you really must,
I allow you to buy me all the gear that you want to satisfy your hunger of just buying equipment.
I know it's a sacrifice, but I'm willing to do that for a young photographer.

So .. buy away .. I'll PM you my address so you can ship it all there.
FYI .. a d4S and all the Nikon high end lenses would be nice . 800mm, 600, etc. . just thought I would give you a hint list.

:mrgreen:

hahaha ....

The really important thing is NOT to use the gear once you acquire it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is "self control?" Is this another photographic term?

Spontaneous Effective Limiting Factor for Continuous Overly-Negative Temporal Realization Of Limits.

Everyone knows that!

Why not rent?

I know how it is to want to test and try something out, even if you don't know for certain it will be something you keep around forever. It's fun to play with new stuff.

So rent it, return it and buy it if you still desire after.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back