How do you fight GAS?

agp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Simple question for all the experts - how do you fight Gear Acquisition Syndrome? I currently have the Fuji J10, X-T1, and Nikon 1 V2. Granted, the J10 I can do without... And the 1 V2 as well, since I got it before the X-T1 came out. I want the Sony a7r and maybe even Nikon D800. And those cameras aren't so expensive that they are out of my financial comfort zone, which is the most dangerous part :grumpy:

Buy everything.
Then you won't want anything else.

Or just make a budget and don't go out of it.

I have a budget .. which I've gone out of . But basically, if i want a new lens I have to sell something to get that lens. That really helps me to determine exactly what I want and what I want it for. How will it improve something... rather than just start buying up the world of lenses/bodies. I do make exceptions when I find something that I really want to trade into but is above the revenue from selling other stuff and thus lets me "move up" in technology.

So long as those who are financially dependant upon you are not put to suffering - GO FOR IT

You live but once, so if you can afford something you'll get enjoyment out of without harming others go for it.

Don't fight it. It is bigger than all of us.

I use self control.

I guess I am just more evolved.

[h=2]How do you fight GAS?[/h]
I don't subscribe to the 'gotta-have-the-latest-and-greatest' mentality.
I buy used gear (usually not used very much) from a seller wanting to get new gear so they can continue as a member of the 'gotta-have-the-latest-and-greatest' crowd.

I've stopped buying equipment because I have seen what saving the money and traveling, buying books, and taking classes has done to my photography. The fastest, most exotic aspherical lens in the world can't do that.

OP, just use your gear and don't fondle it.

Most reactions

Back