How do you fight GAS?

I think about something else i'd rather spend the money on. For example, I really want to get a 35mm lens for my Leica, but that's a plane ticket to visit my family.. my brain's still fighting this one.

I think about something else i'd rather spend the money on. For example, I really want to get a 35mm lens for my Leica, but that's a plane ticket to visit my family.. my brain's still fighting this one.

My brain doesn't even compute Leica prices, just errors out NULL NULL

Family?! Man, that's what Facebook is for!!!

You don't even want my opinion on this matter.
Yeah...like you care...How was your weekend of wifely discovery? Did it go well?:confused:

Well, guess who called me at 1:00am? Guess who had a flat tire? Guess who had to drive 50 miles to rescue her?

The subject hasn't come up yet LOL!!

Maybe you could fly econo-class and buy a Voigtlander lens...is there a Color-Skopar in your future?

lol'ing, but not really lol'ing too loudly...

how do you fight Gear Acquisition Syndrome? :grumpy:
Simple answer. I fight it with my wife. If I dream about some new camera, I dream right after that about my wife. Dreams about new camera slowly fade away. And I an safe !:banghead:

Just ask yourself : would your pictures honestly improve with that new piece of kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it can be naturally countered by BAS.....Broke A$$ Syndrome.

I can't say that I've ever been afflicted... I'm trying to remember the last time I spent more than $200 on photography equipment, and it's been at least 5 years.

I bought a ton of crap all at once, then it's been small purchases since then. That's how you do it - get everything you need, and then just convince yourself that you have everything you need. The second part is probably harder.

how do you fight Gear Acquisition Syndrome? :grumpy:
Simple answer. I fight it with my wife. If I dream about some new camera, I dream right after that about my wife. Dreams about new camera slowly fade away. And I an safe !:banghead:

Mine is useless for that. She just got herself a 300mm f/2.8 VRII so she has no moral high ground *lol*
When I said I'm getting a D810, all she said was "can I borrow your old D700 as a back up camera."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cut up your credit cards. Leave your checkbook locked up at home. NEVER, ever,ever log on to the B&H Photo or Adorama web sites. Repeat daily, "What I have is plenty good enough!" at least 200 times between breakfast and lunch, then another 100 times during each TV show you watch, and at least 10 times for every sip of alcoholic beverage you consume.

Cut up your credit cards. Leave your checkbook locked up at home. NEVER, ever,ever log on to the B&H Photo or Adorama web sites. Repeat daily, "What I have is plenty good enough!" at least 200 times between breakfast and lunch, then another 100 times during each TV show you watch, and at least 10 times for every sip of alcoholic beverage you consume.
You need to drastically increase the alcohol count - loose lips, and even looser wallets.

I would totally buy some crap I didn't need if I was browsing around drunk, lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back