How do you organize your photo gear instructions?

Ilovemycam

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mine are all jumbled up in a bursting envelope.

Mine are all jumbled up in a bursting envelope.

I dump them in boxes mixed in with every other damned paper manual I get.

I probably should put them all in their corresponding Nikon boxes... Duh

all that stuff goes right in the trash. I have all my manuals in PDF on my phone/laptop if I ever need to look something up.

'droid phone
icon10.gif

Since almost all of my camera manuals are small-sized booklets, I found a smallish cardboard box from some electronics component, and put 'em all into that lid-and-flap closure type of box, and they sit on a shelf inside that box.

PDFs on both computers as well as on my phone. The paper copies are left in the box.

Under my pillow. It helps while in dream-land, I don't have far to reach when a technical question pops up. Plus, my pillow is too soft anyways.

Photo gear instruction manuals...

Cameras and speedlite manuals and any others (there are few) that have an actual wealth of information that is too hard for me to retain in my tiny brain are on the book shelf. PDF versions are on the phone and tablet via Dropbox.

Manuals for antique cameras are stored with other associated gear for those cameras and, if they're Butkus downloads, they're stored in desktop hard drives also. (I've sent Butkus donations via PayPal for the very useful manuals I've gotten over the years too, btw)

The manuals that describe gear functions and uses that are so simple as to be useless go into the trash right after I've read them.

Never read them... or if I did, it was once while on the toilet. (probably in the boxes, stashed in a closet somewhere.)

They stay in the box it came in. The only manual I ever read was for my F100 and Elan 7ne because the custom functions are just numbers and unless you memorize or reference the manual, you have no idea what they are. But I have them as PDF's on my iPhone.

Warranties and other paperwork just stay in the camera box which are all in a box under my bed. The manual for my cameras is kept on a shelf with the rest of my camera gear, I also keep my manual for my flash unit out as well (mostly this is for custom functions which on the flash are only numbers not a written name so unless you memorise them its easy to forget what number does what).

Instructions!!!??? No one on TPF reads instructions - you just post a question every time you don't know how to do something and then 15 minutes later you post "never mind, I figured it out"

Filed in a cabinet,

with everything else i buy, all the booklets get sorted out with warranties and similar stuff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back