How do you plan on keeping yourself occupied?

On layers, a tip for you
When I was explain it, think of tracing paper or clear sheets
You have the original image of a pond with people feeding ducks, but there is a sea gull in the image
You put a clear sheet over, and cover over the gull
Your original pic is still there but now you can’t see the gull
If I can help give me a call

A layers example, this how I kept busy today creating this image in between other tasks around the house
There are 5 layers in the finisher image
This is the Rebecca crystal
F3E1A753-FF9D-4410-ABA1-491821BA9F1D.jpeg

Absolutely! When my daughter and family were in Alaska, a local shop owner commissioned her to make some of her hand painted ear rings for her shop. She used Indiana shaped spinners in them.

I've settled into a routine which needs changing.
Staying up too late watching the late night Fallon or Colbert.
Getting up too late in the mornings.
So I'm getting up now at 0700 no matter what.
Look around for photogenic light.
Have coffee out on the back porch with cameras to shoot the hummingbirds and other flying critters.
Play with photos and post to Flickr, interact on Flickr with others.
Interact here with you folks.
Read trashy sci-fi in between all that.
Try to hit the sack earlier.

I bought a new flatbed scanner and have embarked on scanning some of the thousands (at least) of photo prints I've accumulated over the decades, and then playing with the digital images. I also have a slide scanner to digitize some of the (at least 10,000) old slides in my possession. It's enough work for a couple more pandemics. :blue:

But it can also be fun. One thing I've been doing is to use various filters to play with less-than-ideal old images to make them more artsy-fartsy. For example, here's a picture taken in Central Park around 1999 that I've played with.

Basic image - note poor detail in the Beresford Apartments in the background.

centralpark1.jpg

Then using a brushstroke filter - I think the result is quite pleasing.

centralparkbrush.jpg

centralpark1.jpg

Then using a brushstroke filter - I think the result is quite pleasing.

centralparkbrush.jpg
I think you're onto a good idea, hitting the filters and sliders for images that you deem less than ideal.
You're probably going to have a lot of fun!

As I said in an earlier response on this thread, I like to challenge myself. I have been continuing to loom knit, but recently started creating hats for newborns. As you can see, my color schemes are anything but typical of the ones you see usually for them:biglaugh::angry:

Newborn Hats.jpg
Newborn Hats 2.jpg

As I said in an earlier response on this thread, I like to challenge myself. I have been continuing to loom knit, but recently started creating hats for newborns. As you can see, my color schemes are anything but typical of the ones you see usually for them:biglaugh::angry:

View attachment 191528 View attachment 191529
This is really cool Dean.
There could be a baby boom about 10 months from the start of the stay at home mandates... :biglaugh:

A baby- boom as a result on a two- month stay at home order?

Imagine some of the baby names...
Q'uarantina, Covidius, Ronando, Ronanda, Coronetta, and so on... Social-Distancia, Nitrile-Glovia, the possible names are legion!

A baby- boom as a result on a two- month stay at home order?

Imagine some of the baby names...
Q'uarantina, Covidius, Ronando, Ronanda, Coronetta, and so on... Social-Distancia, Nitrile-Glovia, the possible names are legion!

It's already been done. The name, anyway. Too early for the baby boom.

Couple names newborn twins Covid and Corona

I had so many things that I've been trying to get done that this has not been much of a change. I bought a new camera (Panasonic G85) just before the "lock down" in Canada and I am only about half way through the testing that I wanted to get done. Apparently, where I live, the Provincial government is starting to open up. I am not very hopeful though. I expect that we will see a rise in infections and will be shut down again. Lately, I have been reading more "old stuff". And manuals. I read manuals.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back