How do you say... (A funny photog story)

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"May I climb on your roof" in Greek? Well, I'm not totally sure either, but somehow I managed to figure it out. My ship is in Souda Bay, Crete for a couple of days, and while out exploring today, I saw what looked like a great spot for a panoramic picture of the bay, so when the bus was heading back into town I had them drop me off, and hiked to the spot, only to look directly at a sign that said "squiggle, squiggle, alpha beta gamma squiggle... blah, blah, POSITIVELY NO PHOTOGRAPHY" :grumpy: Well, doesn't that just frost my socks? It does. So, I keep walking and go up and down a 2-3 km stretch of road several times, and finaly find the perfect spot. After I figured out how to say "May I climb up on your roof to take photographs" in Greek (or more accurately, a combination of English, hand-gestures and pitiful looks), it was all good. I haven't pulled the pics out the camera yet, but hopefully there are two eight-fram sequences that will become large panos of Souda Bay when all is said and done.

Okay, well maybe it's not funny... interesting?

from what I remember of the Greece (been there 12 years ago), people there are VERY nice.
I remember we were walking past the mountain houses, and just sat down on the side of the road - we were exhausted. The lady walked towards us, and told us to get under the shade of her tent she had in front of her house..
Good thing she spoke German.. :)
She fed us(dad and I), gave us ice cold milk. When dad asked her why, she responded with something like "well, you looked tired, so why not" kind of deal.

I cannot wait to go to greece! Only a few more months! Can't wait to see the pictures tho!

from what I remember of the Greece (been there 12 years ago), people there are VERY nice.

For sure! Very nice, very pleasant, and for the most part, their English is sooooooooooo much better than my Greek!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back