How do you transport and store your equipment?

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Like the title says, how do you transport your equipment and store your equipment after use?

Just looking for ideas on what kind of bag to get.

I use tamrac pro 8.
2 bodies w/ lenses, 2 flashes, memory cards, gray card, hand sanitizers, and bunch of other stuff.
Strobes are in a separate light bag w/ lightstands, cords, etc.

Two Lowepro shoulder bags for main and secondary body/lens kits, metal hard case for medium format kit, metal hard case for speedlights & portable lighting kit, small shoulder bag for triggers, cables etc...

I have an old Lowepro Nova 4 that I put everything in there 5 lenses, 2 bodies, 2 flashes, assorted filters, batteries, and cleaning supplies. I need to get a backpack style though.

Which bag or case you use really depends on how much gear you have, and how you want to carry it (shoulder bag or back pack type). Everyone likes different stuff. If you don't have a lot of gear, I'd get something that has some growing room in it, because you will be adding stuff over time. Here is the bag I use: Amazon.com: Tamrac 5612 Pro 12 Camera Bag (Black): Electronics I bought it on Craig's List for half the price that Amazon sells it for. I got lucky. I saw another one on CL later, for $100. I still have some growing room in the bag, which is good, because I'd like a couple more lenses. Good luck!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My answer to both questions is a Lowepro CompuDaypack.

Works great for the small amount of gear that I have, and packs it all.

One body, 5 lenses, 2 speedlights, all the radio triggers and receivers, 42"reflector and a small assortment of modifiers for the strobes.

I have an old Lowepro Nova 4 that I put everything in there 5 lenses, 2 bodies, 2 flashes, assorted filters, batteries, and cleaning supplies. I need to get a backpack style though.

I'd like to get a backpack as well.

My answer to both questions is a Lowepro CompuDaypack.

Works great for the small amount of gear that I have, and packs it all.

One body, 5 lenses, 2 speedlights, all the radio triggers and receivers, 42"reflector and a small assortment of modifiers for the strobes.

I see that the camera goes on the bottom of the bag, how protected is it?

Which bag or case you use really depends on how much gear you have, and how you want to carry it (shoulder bag or back pack type). Everyone likes different stuff. If you don't have a lot of gear, I'd get something that has some growing room in it, because you will be adding stuff over time. Here is the bag I use: Amazon.com: Tamrac 5612 Pro 12 Camera Bag (Black): Electronics I bought it on Craig's List for half the price that Amazon sells it for. I got lucky. I saw another one on CL later, for $100. I still have some growing room in the bag, which is good, because I'd like a couple more lenses. Good luck!

As of right now, I do not have much gear. I have 3 lenses and a body. That's it. But I do plan on expanding.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I see that the camera goes on the bottom of the bag, how protected is it?

I feel secure with it.......... It's a really padded bag.

I've flown with it, hiked with it, and slid down ice covered hills with it. I've tossed it in and out of countless vehicles and trunks, and the kids have beat holy hell out of it.

All of my gear still works, and shows no sign ot wear as a result of the bag.

YMMV

Domke F2 for general walking around (all four lenses, body, and a flash, and accessories fit), and a Pelican 1560 case for protection and putting it all in my trunk.

Both work great.

I'd like to get a backpack as well.

I've been looking at the Lowepro fastpack 350 as a backpack option.

I have a Clik Elite Obscura, which I adore. I'm a small 120lb female, so this bag is perfect for me. It is small enough for day hikes but large enough to take on longer trips. I recently did a 3 day backwoods camping trip and managed to fit my clothes, food, camera/camping gear and attached my sleeping bag to the outside. My boyfriend carried our tent, cooking supplies in his huge pack. I think the total weight was about 25lbs and I wouldn't want to pack more than that, even if I did have the room. It was fairly comfortable on the 4+ hour hike in, and my camera is easily accessible/protected via the bottom side pouch.

I also have a 7mil dollar Crumpler bag.

My camera and two lenses stay in whatever bag I used last (I generally don't head out with more than 2 lenses), the rest of my gear stays on the shelf or in boxes until needed.

We travel, so we use the ThinkTank air security bags.

Most reactions

Back