How do you transport your tripod?

Riggaberto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I often want to go on walks, whether aimlessly or with a specific subject in mind, but I can never think of an effective way to transport my tripod, so I end up carrying it around, it's very unwieldy.

I need some ideas about how to transport my tripod more effectively. It's not one of those nice, big heavy ones, but it's still annoying to carry.

My photo backpack has a tripod pocket and bungee cords to strap a tripod to the back...but I don't use that. My rectangular camera bag has a couple straps on the outside to haul a tripod, which I use from time to time.

What I do use, is a padded tripod bag that came with my Velbon tripod. It's a long skinny padded bag with an adjustable strap.

Also, I keep my other tripod in the bag that used to hold one of those folding lawn chairs.

mine came with a tripod bag too. so i just carry it on my bag.. or if there is a backpack anyway, I attach it to the backpack.

I took a camera strap off a camera I wasn't using and fastned each strap around the top of 1 of the legs. I just throw it over my shoulder and go. It's easy set up becuase I have have any bags to deal with or straps to undo. I just take it off my shoulder and open up the legs.

I carry mine in the back seat of my car. However if I have to actually walk with it, I have a piece of nylon rope, In that funky yellow color. I have a loop tied in each end. With those I make two nooses one on each end. Tripod head in one noose legs in the other tighten them up and you have a strap. Simple, effective, and if the shot is really really bad you can use it to hang yourself.

Most reactions

Back