How is the Nikon 85mm 1.8D?

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Looking for a prime lens for both portraiture, and video recording. Your thoughts?

Also - I plan on owning 3 primes...

Sigma 24mm 1.8 - 50mm 1.8D - 85mm 1.8D.. What say you?

I can't really say compared to the 1.4 (which is what I think you are asking) but I think the 1.8 is great.

Nope... Asking about the 1.8D

Yeah... it's nice. I like the 1.8 D a lot actually. But from what I've tried of the Nikon primes, all of the 1.8's are winners. But I'm not a BIG bokeh-fanatic so maybe for those who have a finer taste for shallow DoF, they can tell you more but it focuses well and the colours are rendered nicely... it's a good lens.

I have the 85 and the 50 and love them both. The 85 is a great lens. The 50 I have is a bit plasticky (is that even a word) compared to the 85.

Before you tKe the plunge for the 85/1.8D, note that nikon announced the 85/1,8G a few days ago. If this is anything like the 50/1.8D-50/1.8G, the new 85G should be a great, and beautiful lens, even when compared t the previously awesome lens. And this one doesn't cost much more than the D version!

Before you tKe the plunge for the 85/1.8D, note that nikon announced the 85/1,8G a few days ago. If this is anything like the 50/1.8D-50/1.8G, the new 85G should be a great, and beautiful lens, even when compared t the previously awesome lens. And this one doesn't cost much more than the D version!

I appreciate you looking out. I didn't mention it, and I should have, that I plan on buying used.

can this new AF-S 85mm lens be used for macro photography?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back