How many bags do you have?

I think I'm sitting around five... although technically only four are camera bags. One Lowpro Rover II AW for hiking, one Lowepro Commercial AW, a small, old Optek if I just need a shoulder bag for one body and a couple of lenses, an aluminum hardcase, and a cheapy backpack that I use for reflectors, background cloth, and odds & ends.

At the moment I have one bag - a very full and stuffed LowePro mini-trekker AW
Lowepro - Mini Trekker AW

into which I manage to get (just)
Main section
400D with attached battery grip; 70-200mm f2.8 IS L; Sigma 150mm macro; Sigma 70mm macro, Speedlite 580M2; Canon 1.4TC; Sigma 1.4TC; Sigma 2*TC; 17-55mm kit lens; lumiquest softbox; 2 spare camera batteries; tripod quick release plates; memory cards; elastic bands; cable remote release

Outer section;
Spare set of 4 AA batteries for flash; gloves; hat; Terry Pratchett book (if going by train somewhere)

In side pocket slipnott attachment (60AW version).
2 Polarizers; lens cleaning kit; giottos rocket blower; off camera flash cord (short); screwdriver (tripod head changes); torch; 2 OPTech rain covers; camera battery charger;

That is my common gear that goes all places - the outer compartment can be stuffed with a whole range of extra addons like;
Manfrotto focusing rail; canon 2*TC; extension tubes; Raynox DCR250; spare tripod head (322RC2 or basic manfrotto 3way head)

I can just about fit it all in at once (barring both tripod heads - its one or the other) and its not light! But I need another bag at some point - no more space for new lenses :(

I don't even know how many I have now...but it must be getting close to double digits. I bought an old Lowepro shoulder bag for $5 at a garage sale last weekend.

I hope you haggled for it! Thats half the fun of yard sales. 90% of the time, people take 50% of what they are asking for stuff below $20. If not, they usually make a counter offer for somewhere around 75%.

I almost never find slr stuff at yard sales. In the last 7 years, I think I have only seen three film slr cameras, and one bag that was fitted for one of the film cameras.

I did get an enlarger once at a yard sale, should have thought about how I was going to get it home first, since we were in a small car that time. fun drive home! hehe.

sams club has a hiking backpack on clearance for $30, im sure that could be used to carry a ton of camera equipment! *smirks*

I once bought a light meter on E-bay...from someone in my city, so I could just drive over and pick it up. I get there, and it turns out that this lady is one of the original power sellers, she even had a personal letter from the dude who started E-bay. She had been selling stuff, full time, for 7 or 8 years and she was finally getting out and selling the rest of her stuff...some on E-bay but also with a garage sale. I just so happened to pick up the light meter a day before the garage sale was to start...as she asked if I wanted to look through the stuff. :D
Most garage sales are just people's old junk...but this one was a collection of stuff that was much better....some of still junk, but collectable junk. There were all sorts of old toys, games & dolls. Old posters etc.
There wasn't any modern camera gear, and nothing all that old either...but I could have bought a complete Pentax system with a couple bodies, several lenses, flash, filters & accessories (all in a camera bag) for about $40. I didn't buy it, though I should have. I did buy a couple of 'grab bags'...just little bags with random stuff in them. I paid $1 for a bag that included a 67mm Cir Pol filter. :)

Not too many:

Tamrac Expedition 7 (Mainly for storage and transportation when travelling by car.)
2xPelican 1560 (one with dividers and the other one with foam. Mainly used for trips.)
Domke F2
BBP Hampton Obsidian Black XL (With several dividers. This one is excellent to carry both my cam with some stuff and my laptop. I am also a reseller of the BBP bags in my home country.)

Hmm, there is the Lowepro Nova 2 for just the casual hanging out shoot ... the Fotima to carry most of my stuff, the Lowepro Trekker for major tripping ... so thats 3.

I think I do need just one more ... a Lowepro Mag Pro would complete it.

I have just 1 bag that holds my camera body with my new sigma lens attached, 1 kit lens, 1 50mm 1.4 and both SB600's, extra 4gb card, cleaner kit, 2 polarizers, gels.

When I'm on the go I have both my SB-600's attached to my belt. I've had a couple of people say I looked like an asian Lara Croft. :lol:

Only one bag for me at the moment, but i'm looking for recommendations for a new one.

The one I have I got from Lidl, it holds all my kit no problem with the exception of my 500mm Sigma, that is my d70s plus lens, a 170mm nikkor, SB600, filters, teleconverter lens hood, snoot, charger, memory cards, cables, manuals, remote, and gels. It also has a fold out pocket to hold the tripod and some straps to secure it and I have my collapsable reflector hanging from the sholder strap. But it sits too high on my back which I don't like (being a big guy).

A.

i'm actually looking for another bag... i thought it would be easier to find but i'm having trouble. i was looking for something like Tharmsen pictured but i need to be able to carry 1 body with a 70-200mm f/2.8 and another body with either a 18-50 f/2.8 (sigma) or 24-70mm f/2.8 (nikon).
i'd like to be able to switch between the two without much hassle. my AeroSpeed has suited me since i primarily use my 70-200mm f/2.8.
but i need another small bag for my 2nd body with attached lens.

I have just 1 bag that holds my camera body with my new sigma lens attached, 1 kit lens, 1 50mm 1.4 and both SB600's, extra 4gb card, cleaner kit, 2 polarizers, gels.

When I'm on the go I have both my SB-600's attached to my belt. I've had a couple of people say I looked like an asian Lara Croft. :lol:

LOL, that's funny :)

Bags all have different purposes, for different jobs , different kits and different needs.

At last count I had just over 35 bags, cases, rollers, backpacks, pouch-kits, belt systems in my closet. Set ups for 1-body & two lenses through hauling a full set of studio lights and all the required accessories.

Looking for a few Mountainsmith pack? Come join me for a completely unique education travel-photo experience during the 24hr Photo BootCamps! 2 slots left for New York on June 21st and 3 slots left for San Francisco on June 28th. All attendees will receive a Mountainsmith pack I have selected for them. More information available at Flying With Fish » Attn Photogs: Limited Space Left For The 24-Hour Photo BootCamp That Will Transform How You Shoot!

(Mention TPF and get $25 off the BootCamp fee!)

I am going to purchase this one:
THE BASIC SHOOTSAC - SSCBLAK-01

After going as a tag-along to a wedding, the main photog had this and I felt like a clutz next to her with my backpack. She let me put it on and its incredible. It molds to your body, doesn't get in the way and distributes the weight great. It also folds up for travel if you do want to carry a backpack. It isn't good for the monster lenses though such as the 70-200 (but I don't have one yet anyway!)

Holy cats! If you ever go broke, just sell your bags! You will have a small fortune!

Bags all have different purposes, for different jobs , different kits and different needs.

At last count I had just over 35 bags, cases, rollers, backpacks, pouch-kits, belt systems in my closet. Set ups for 1-body & two lenses through hauling a full set of studio lights and all the required accessories.

Looking for a few Mountainsmith pack? Come join me for a completely unique education travel-photo experience during the 24hr Photo BootCamps! 2 slots left for New York on June 21st and 3 slots left for San Francisco on June 28th. All attendees will receive a Mountainsmith pack I have selected for them. More information available at Flying With Fish » Attn Photogs: Limited Space Left For The 24-Hour Photo BootCamp That Will Transform How You Shoot!

(Mention TPF and get $25 off the BootCamp fee!)

I have 2. Lowepro slingshot100w and just got my domke F2. I use the lowepro for hiking and on the motorcycle. The domke for everything else.

Just one. I'd like a little messenger bag for events (parades, festivals, etc.), but that's out of the budget. Besides, I'm liable to invest in a better body (the 450D's low-light performance is making me growl in frustration outdoors) and glass before a new bag.

This is the bag I have: Lowepro - Fastpack 250

And into that I cram all of the gear below. Not that I ever use the spot for an SLR, because that's always around my neck. o_O

3. Only one is an actual photo bag as understood today.

#1 is a Tenba which is my traveling bag (rarely goes to an actual shoot). It holds 3 bodies, 9 lenses, 2 "grip" flashes and power packs, assortment of filters and adapters, 20-30 rolls of film, model releases and other accessories. It also holds bag #2.

#2 is also a photo bag. It comes from Leica but it is so old that rarely anyone recognized it as such. No padding whatsoever. It had a "divider" kind of flap inside but it was only attached to one side and I could never figure out how it was meant to be used so, one day, I just cut it out. A lot of my friends called it my fishing bag. It does look like that and I thought it was quite appropriate anyway since I was fishing for photographs ;)

That was one of my "working bags." I went for a day of shooting in a safe place with this bag. Two bodies and their lenses around my neck and a few more lenses, filters, film, flash unit and power pack, bean bag and clamp (when I didn't want to carry a tripod), 15-20 rolls of film and a few misc. accessories.

#3 is an old army shoulder bag. No idea what it was designed to do in the military but it became my "working in the projects" bag. Just one body, 2-3 lenses depending on the size of the ones I picked for that day, about 10-15 rolls of films and that's about it.

Now, when I did editorial work, I also had a few hard shell cases that were custom made to make my life easier in airports and taxi cabs but that is not bags anymore so, I'll shut up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back