How many people like music?

How much do you like music?

• Yes I love music, I'm a fanatic.

Votes: 35 72.9%
  • I like listening to the radio, not really into it that much.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I'm a musician myself.

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
voodoocat said:
Here's a side question...

Is there a band that you can listen to every single one of the albums from beginning to end without skipping a single track?

For me, it's the Old 97's

I could have said that about The Tragically Hip, about 6 years ago...The newer stuff isn't as good IMO.

I also used to listen to Sawyer Brown...all the albums & songs...but haven't even heard a single song from their last 4 or so albums.

voodoocat said:

Is there a band that you can listen to every single one of the albums from beginning to end without skipping a single track?

nope, unfortunately.

For me it can actually affect my mood, give me energy, motivate me, keep me company when I'm depressed.
Likewise here. Couldn't live without it!

core_17 said:
I've only heard one Bo Bice song since American Idol, and I didn't like him...I LOVED him on American Idol. Stupid American idol ruined him.

It is like night and day Corry. On American Idol...the guy kicked. He rocked with the best of em. I was at a used CD place and saw his CD, so I grabbed it. He is all prettied up now. There is not the raw edge he had on Idol. It even looks like he is wearing some lip gloss. :er:
I just got the feeling they cashed in on him big time.

voodoocat said:

I have a few. Led Zeppelin, Queensryche, Dream Theater, RUSH...many more.

voodoocat said:
Without skipping a SINGLE track?

Led Zeppelin IV...no way...killer tunes.
Queensryche, Operation Mindcrime is a concept CD. Awesome story behind it.
RUSH...2112 Too good to skip any tracks
Dream Theater...Images and Words. Amazing musicianship. I just can not skip them.
Love em all.

A lot of it is, Im stuck in traffic for sometimes 2 hours, so, I have that chance to just hang back and enjoy the tunes.

voodoocat said:
Not just one album. But their complete body of work

Sorry...blond moment. :lmao: :lmao: Must be the wonky eye I have right now. I only read it as one album. :er:

Chiller said:
Sorry...blond moment. :lmao: :lmao: Must be the wonky eye I have right now. I only read it as one album. :er:
AhhhHA!! I knew something was funny by naming a few bands. I've asked many people the question and there aren't many answers beyond "no"

I love music. I play guitar, drums, base, mandolin, penny whistle, and am starting to play the piano. It is an incredibly huge part of my life. I don't have a "favorite" band per say, but there are a few that I really like, and if I had to pick it would be Alice in Chains. I have been listening to them steady since I was about 1998.

I honestly don't think that i could happily live without music. It is always playing. I don't have an mp3 player right now, so i use my old diskman and walkman. At work I have music playing from the moment i walk into the door to the moment i leave. I simply love it.

What more can i say, music is great.

I can listen to No Doubt, Travis Tritt, Richard Marx, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Arctic Monkeys, Hard-Fi, The Kooks and many more all the way through the album without skipping!

However, the majority of albums I have, I could not listen to them all the way through.

I say music and dance are the elixir of life. Does not matter if it is Bling Hop, underground, Pop, Rock, Punk whatever. As long as you get on the dance floor or at least feel something... That is when the music takes over and all is good.

bace said:
You're right though. Some artists will never be good. I'm just saying that don't write off every artist just because they're on the radio.

oh, i wouldn't do that ;)

Christina like many singers with real good voices will go on to better things. Like madonna, some of her stuff was very 'charty' music... but then she released tracks like 'justify my love'.... which are great timeless tunes. Those who are really crappy, like the members of the spice girls.... will prove to everyone that they arn't really talented singers and disapear into obscurity.

voodoocat, thats a tough one. I can think of loads of albums that i wouldn't skip any tracks.... but not complete collections..... i would say radiohead... but theres maybe just a few tracks out of all their albums i would skip.... best bet would be to go with an artist that hasn't released too many albums:lol:

Don't you just hate it tho when a track off an album you love is released in the charts.... then you hear it too many times and it spoils the song for you. Then when you listen to the album you end up skipping it everytime, even tho its a good track, cuz you've heard it so much.
Worse still is listening to an album alot when your with your partner... then if you break up... the album just becomes a constant reminder of them.... like you can't detach it from the stuff you did.... i got a few of those albums.

Good thread base btw :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back