how much for a used Nikon F5?

look people, i don't want no F6, no Minolta XD7, no Leica. I WANT THE F5. is that so hard to get? why do you want to sell me on something else? i really only wanted some guidance concerning a reasonable used price.

Yep, I've had mine for 10 years. Once you use one you'll know why it's 'the' 35mm film camera it is. :thumbup: Simply the best.

The metering alone is worth the 400-500 bucks, in Canada that is.

look people, i don't want no F6, no Minolta XD7, no Leica. I WANT THE F5. is that so hard to get? why do you want to sell me on something else? i really only wanted some guidance concerning a reasonable used price.

I don't blame you. If I didn't already have an F100, I might be tempted by an F5 myself. I really want an F4S.. even though there are "better" cameras. I've always just liked that camera, but when it was new, I couldn't afford it. But, I probably won't get one since i'm saving up for an M mount camera.

Because you were complaining about the price. Can't have it both ways. Buy a Canon EOS-1 :p

If you don't want people to be helpful don't ask. Or you know since your question was already answered you could simply stop replying in this thread. It would achieve the same purpose.

never complained about the price, did i? i'm totally happy with the KEH prices. and now you go ahead suggesting an EOS....:er: what if i already own a ****load of nikkors???

ok but please i really don't want to offend anyone, i'm new to this forum and i normally try to be very respectful in my posts on any forum. but i see a tendency everywhere that people just don't answer the question that actually has been asked. and if people wouldn't "listen to them", they blame them being ignorant... funny huh?... so now gimmeahug :hugs:

and now you go ahead suggesting an EOS....:er: what if i already own a ****load of nikkors???

Well it could mean that Canon is better, but more likely you just completely missed the sarcasm :lmao: Sorry. Your post "This makes me sleep quietly!" looked like a complaint to me. That may have sparked other cheaper recommendations.

hm so i guess itwas my fault. actually wanted to express something like "whoo 200-800... VERY precise!" (not discrediting bhop anyway...)

I bought a mint f5 on ebay 6 months ago for $350. Great camera for that price, but the near invisible autofocus points are annoying--the f100 has this camera beat in that regard.

But the +side of the f5 is that the average dslr shooter thinks your shooting a d3 and not a d200. ;) So I guess that makes me seem richer. LOL

They currently offer one F5 $420 US, at 8+ condition.
I've purchased used gear from them a few times, from my experience, unless you insist on prefect cosmetic condition, 8+ is quite good (100% functional, with minor scratches or wear marks)

Adorama has three bodies at conditions and prices ranging from V to E+ and from $360 to $550.
I'm not that familiar with Adorama's used equipment scoring system (never bought from them), but they've been around for many years, and I don't think they'd get away with it if they fooled around selling low quality used gear.

I'd say you're price range is $350 to $450. I don't really see a reason to go higher than $450, unless you're in a hurry and can seem to find a good condition body for that price. I'm sure if you're willing to shop around for a couple of weeks, you will be able to find a good condition body for under $450.

Last edited:
KEH: F5- about 400. Problem solved.

thanks guys for all your comments! with all that in the back of my mind i've shot one in the bay for about 420 with rechargeable batteries, some film and MF-27 back. guess that was some good bargain :D again, thanks to all of you for your input!

Let us know how it comes ... ;)

camera is here! and it is just like i hoped, great handling, great feature set, and i also like the way buttons and functions are locked. because i'm a somewhat paranooid guy and always tend to double check every damn setting to make sure i've not accidentally altered my settings but with this piece i just grab it and shoot. it's awesome...

Most reactions

Back