How often is cleaning of Lens & sensor required

psran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have just started with DSLR photography last month and have already bought 3 lens. I am constantly changing lenses on my camera to know which one gives me best results.

Now I am worried that this frequent swapping may have caused Sensor to gather some dust.

How often should I clean my sensor and lens to get clear pictures? Is there a way of knowing whether my lens needs cleaning or sensor?

When it is dirty, clean it. I don't really see a need to proactively clean it on a schedule... only when they need it.

You can look at your lens (at an angle) and typically will see dust, smudges, etc.. if it is dirty.

Sensor? if you have small dark spots showing up in your images.. that will typically be the sensor. This may be helpful > How To Check For Sensor Dust

Wow! That was a quick reply, Thanks

Btw, do I need to check the rear part of lens also or the front part only?

Wow! That was a quick reply, Thanks

Btw, do I need to check the rear part of lens also or the front part only?

The front is the one I check every time I remove the lens cap, but when changing lenses.. I will usually check the rear one too.. just a quick glance.

The front is the one I check every time I remove the lens cap, but when changing lenses.. I will usually check the rear one too.. just a quick glance.

Thanks a million :)

I have actually got many queries on different things realated to photography as I don't have anyone to guide me personally. Should I shoot my queries here itself or start new thread for every query. Plz guide seniors

I have actually got many queries on different things realated to photography as I don't have anyone to guide me personally. Should I shoot my queries here itself or start new thread for every query. Plz guide seniors

Typically a new thread, in the appropriate forum, will get the most and best replies! That way the thread title will be aligned with the questions and answers.... and makes it easier for others with the sames questions to find later.

Look around first. The VAST majority of the beginner questions have been asked and answered many times over. If you have a question that has not already been asked start a new thread so that others who may have the same question will see it.

Look around first. The VAST majority of the beginner questions have been asked and answered many times over. If you have a question that has not already been asked start a new thread so that others who may have the same question will see it.

^This! Good call, Scott!

Note that although the rear lens does not get dirty nearly as often as the exposed front lens, if and when it does, it is much more likely to affect photos, because the image cone is narrower at the rear lens, so the effective size of a piece of dirt is much larger.

Or, you could adopt a more proactive approach and pursue a sort of self designed course of study and learn a lot faster:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-forum/267492-info-those-new-photography.html

When you encounter concepts or terms you don't yet understand, those become search engine subjects.

Problem is that Beginners forum has more stuff to read then I have read during whole of my college studies, so that's a bit too much. Though I did try to find answers to my problems but could n't.

Besides I think may be some changes might have occurred in technology in few months

Or, you could adopt a more proactive approach and pursue a sort of self designed course of study and learn a lot faster:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum/267492-info-those-new-photography.html

When you encounter concepts or terms you don't yet understand, those become search engine subjects.

I have read all the Educational stuff on Cambridgecolor already

I request all the Pros to help me through my noob phase.

Thanking in anticipation

You might try checking this out.

Most reactions

Back