How to become supporting member?

Seventen

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided quite some time ago i will become a supporting member when i reach 100 posts so the time has come.

i went to settings page the paid for subscriptions and went to pay for 1 year subscription i click the only link paypal the enter password and get a message
[h=2]Return to merchant and try a different payment method[/h]

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

card details are correct funds on my bank account no idea whats wrong could it be a issue if in euros here and this is in USD though i have never had issues in the past buying with other currencies.

sorry if this is located wrong area couldnt think where is suitable.

Thank you

I alerted the mod team of your troubles, hopefully we can figure out how to get you set up as a member asap!!:mrgreen:

Do you have a PayPal account?
You need to have a PayPal account to pay using PayPal.

Thanks,

Yes have paypal account checked everything over and over things are all fine with it i even made a purchase just to test if there is anything wrong and the purchase went through. So not sure whats wrong here

I think it may be a PayPal issue. I can't even log in to PayPal right now. When I first tried it let me log in then when it was going to the verification page I received a "no data received from site" error message and can now not even access the site. I would wait a few hours and try again.

It's about time I join the club.No problem here.

I just tried again and it worked...

Thanks,

Yes have paypal account checked everything over and over things are all fine with it i even made a purchase just to test if there is anything wrong and the purchase went through. So not sure whats wrong here

hmm. Since a couple other members have gone through the payment process today with no problem (and thanks for the support, guys!! :) ) we have to assume for the moment it's on your end. I am pretty sure that just paying in USD should be fine, the conversions are done automatically. If you are certain you have enough funds in your account to cover the year's subscription, then let's consider other things. You said you made another purchase today with the account, so clearly you're not locked out. Have you had any issues with TPF before with the browser you're using? Sometimes there can be gremlins with certain browsers (I think TPF runs well with Firefox, Opera, Chrome, but has issues at times with IE). You might want to do the basics: log out of TPF, clear your cache and start over. Try that and see what happens next. I'll peek at your account settings for anything off, too.

I am all out of ideas now, have tried other browsers deleted cards on paypay readded and verified again. Only thing i can think of is maybe my address change is a issue but a item for 10 euros went through fine. Maybe i will try using the credit card tomorrow to see if that helps the issue. Thank you all for your help.

Such a shame tried adding credit card to paypal and using and still having a issue. I think maybe I will try to adding the funds to paypal and trying like this next.

I'm so sorry nothing seems to be working. I don't have much else to suggest - your account appears in order on this end. Let's blame paypal for now and hope the kinks wear off. ;)

Thank you for your support, no matter what! :D

I have notice when I try to become a member using my phone I get 2 options paypal, use paypal or pay using card I considered doing it this way but I didnt think you offered a card service? Or is this just some pay with card using paypal thing I am not to sure but the wife said she could try and buy it for me when she gets her pay day at the end of the month so will give it a few days and try again but if not she will sort things out. Its most likely my poor internet knowledge making a problem out of nothing lol so maybe a silly mistake somewhere.

Thank you for the help and will hopeful be a member soon.

Apparently it must have been something to do with moving house I have re registered both cards, changed address on paypal to now match my banks address waited for the code to come and entered it to pay pay and came to test out if its worked and here we have it a member thank you very much for the help and sorry for causing problem as my fault as moved house and addresses being in process of changing.

Apparently it must have been something to do with moving house I have re registered both cards, changed address on paypal to now match my banks address waited for the code to come and entered it to pay pay and came to test out if its worked and here we have it a member thank you very much for the help and sorry for causing problem as my fault as moved house and addresses being in process of changing.

You caused ZERO problems - no worries! I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

Welcome to our family of Supporting Members - and thank you! :sun:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back