More image mis-use/abuse - input on how to proceed?

Good to hear they've acknowledged their mistake.

it REALLY bothers me that they've removed his tail, but I'd feel like a bit of a Richard telling them to scrap a $600+ pop-up banner.
Pull a Trump and draw one on. :p

As with all things sometimes crap happens, hopefully this resolves the issue. However, you might still consider, going forward, using a release that spells out the rights you are giving.

It could be used as a pin the tail on the doggie game! We can laugh now that it worked out... Glad it was just a lack of awareness on their part. You're an ultimate professional, I didn't think you'd have any problem working it out. Glad it did.

Somehow I knew your *Kissinger Boots* would save the day and everyone would walk away happy. :)

that tail-less dog really does not look too good. I can really understand your disappointment with that aspect of the photo.

Like most things we worry about - not as bad as we thought!
S'trewth!

Good to hear they've acknowledged their mistake.

Pull a Trump and draw one on. :p
You pull a Trump!

As with all things sometimes crap happens, hopefully this resolves the issue. However, you might still consider, going forward, using a release that spells out the rights you are giving.
Yes, that will definitely be the case in the future!

It could be used as a pin the tail on the doggie game! We can laugh now that it worked out... Glad it was just a lack of awareness on their part. You're an ultimate professional, I didn't think you'd have any problem working it out. Glad it did.
:lol: I'll suggest that! Thanks for the kind, albeit undeserved words, (the other) SHaron! :)

Somehow I knew your *Kissinger Boots* would save the day and everyone would walk away happy. :)
Not quite sure I get the reference Tim...

that tail-less dog really does not look too good. I can really understand your disappointment with that aspect of the photo.
Thanks... glad it wasn't just me!

Nice to hear that all worked out.
Do you get a credit on the images now?

...In reading your post it sounds a lot like venting, and that you've already answered your own question of what to do.
I know what I think I'm going to do, but I guess the real question is, "Am I being reasonable?" Or, should I just get over myself and ignore it? As silly as it might sound, the thing that bothers me more than anything is the fact that they removed his tail.

I like the idea of contacting them to say they are welcome to use the image without altering it and that if they need it altered they should contact you and you will decide if/how the alteration is done.
Thanks Sharon... that's what feels right to me.
As a person who has taught both Ethics and Logic, let me assure you that you are being quite reasonable.

As a person who has taught both Ethics and Logic, let me assure you that you are being quite reasonable.

So would you say TI resolved this by using Deductive, Inductive, Abductive, Backward Induction, Critical Thinking, Counterfactual Thinking, or Intuition reasoning? :allteeth:

Katomi that seems to be a common misconception. Photo credits aren't used in marketing, ads, promotions, other commercial uses, etc. Photo credits are used along with bylines for writers in magazines (to accompany articles), in newspapers, etc.

Edit - The photo credit would also accompany contracted usage and compensation/payment. If it's a donation or for a charitable cause the photo and the photographer's time might be provided at no cost, but there won't be a photo credit unless it's published along with an article or in a newspaper/magazine.

So would you say TI resolved this by using Deductive, Inductive, Abductive, Backward Induction, Critical Thinking, Counterfactual Thinking, or Intuition reasoning? :allteeth:
I most certainly would!

Re
Post 27
I stand corrected, I see post cards and display images and there is often a note at the bottom
Images provided by..... or kindly donated by....
I thought at least that he could have something like that on the pics that were used

Re
Post 27
I stand corrected, I see post cards and display images and there is often a note at the bottom
Images provided by..... or kindly donated by....
I thought at least that he could have something like that on the pics that were used
I suppose I could; given the total value of what I've donated to them, it wouldn't be unjustified, but my own belief is that when I donate something, I donate it to support the cause and not because it gets me something in the end. If something comes out of it that leads to paying work, that's great, but it's not why I'm making the donation.

Most reactions

Back