How to find actors for a “fun” “causal” “non-professional” short film?

iKokomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In college I enjoyed scripting, filming, and editing 3 short films with my Canon XHA1. I do the occasional wedding video with my Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera (1080p).

However, I really enjoy scripting/shooting movies, However, since I do not have my college friends around, it is much harder to film movies.

I was just wondering how I can find actors (they don’t have to be amazing or even very good). I just love crafting stories and filming like some people enjoy writing short stories.

Join a local photography group on FB. The one in my area has videographers too. Meet ups with local model events for free. You may want to check your local community theatre to see if anyone would want to participate in your film.

Local amateur theatrical group. You’d be surprised at how many are around and eager to play a part.

As Rick above says, get in touch with the local AmDram group was my first thought as well. Just about every local area has one of some description. Dependent on the demographic you're looking for, other groups such as youth clubs (parental permission etc to be considered), camera clubs as suggested and the like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back