How to fix wrong WB

hartz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night I was playing arround with WB preset-ing on my new D3000. This morning as I left for work some ducks walked onto our lawn and I took a bunch of photos, forgetting to check it [The WB settings] or set a more sensible WB value.

The photos came out nicely but with a heavy blue colour. Is there a way I can undo the WB preset?

Thanx,
_hartz

open the phto with the software that came with you camera. There should be a temperature setting. Just make it warmer.

I assume you don't work with RAW files? If you do, it is easy to change the WB in the process. When it's .jpeg-files you work with, you can do as Schwettylens suggests. If you have Photoshop, you can adjust the Colour Balance (don't know if the newer PS versions still call it that?).

Thank you.

I think what I want to know is: Is there an accurate way to remove the WB preset values applied by the in-camera post-processing.

More exactly, can I get the parameters which was used to perform the WB "weighing" due to my preset (which is still "remembered" by the camera) and input these into a program to accurately undo the changes?

it is difficult to make these corrections with a jpeg file, easy with RAW,

you can look at opanda.com , they have a free filter program that may help, or perhaps as has been suggested the software program that came with the camera, or another software type.

If you shot it with RAW, the program knows exactly at what temperature the wb was shot with. Hell, you can even shoot in black and white and you can turn it back to color. IF you shot it with JPEG, you can only change the slider to cooler or warmer. There is no temperature you can plug in. I do not know if there is a way to undo the WB within the camera it self.

Thank you.

I think what I want to know is: Is there an accurate way to remove the WB preset values applied by the in-camera post-processing.

More exactly, can I get the parameters which was used to perform the WB "weighing" due to my preset (which is still "remembered" by the camera) and input these into a program to accurately undo the changes?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back