How to Get Arrested

I'll let you call 911 when your life is threatened. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away! Me, I'll wait until I'm safe and alive before I call for an ambulance. Maybe they'll arrive before he bleeds out.
It would also be prudent to keep in mind that some people were born with better accuracy than others. Or may simply have better "luck".

It's crazy what people will do. Dude must have gotten in a fight with the wife or something. Didn't see any driveway around there at all. Photogs must have been a kid, because if that was me one of those lights stands would have become my defense. More than enough justification to say he was in fear for his life. I mean the guy hit him head on with the SUV. Granted, lightly and then stopped, but still. Even told the guy he was leaving, was visibly packing up, and the dude still pursued.

I don't understand the people saying the photog was in the wrong. He may have been impeding traffic in some minute way, but that's not applicable at all to the situation. Doesn't matter here. Dude had his panties all in a bunch because of alleged trespassing.

We live in a pretty rural area, and thanks to the actions of the criminal element (my neighbors house was broken into in broad daylight) and the city dwellers general disrespect for property, we get a little nervous when we see strange vehicles or people stopped on the side of the road. If they need help, we do our best for them, but otherwise they're asked to move on down the road. I own a lot of real estate that is clearly posted, not because I mind people on my property, but because of the ones who would trash it indiscriminately. Fences cut so they can ride through, trash of all kinds. I also carry most of the time one of several options. My choice in and around the property is a .357 Ruger. I've found that conversations in the woods, far fields or along the side of the road tend to be a little more civilized due to its rather conspicuous nature. I have a few beautiful locations that I don't mind others sharing be it photography, hiking, riding, hunting, whatever, the key though is respect the property and the owner. Ask before you enter, and leave nothing but your footprints.

Trespassing I don't mind, so long as it's not egregious; rather, it's not "ok" but at the same time it's not "bad" -

Not being smart here but where exactly do you draw the line on what's acceptable. I'm assuming that you would have a problem with someone walking through your house uninvited or maybe opening your back gate and strolling through your yard?? Trespassing is wrong on all levels. Regardless of if your property is a 1/2 acre lot or a 1000 acres, each owner deserves the same respect. Most rural owners including myself are more than willing to allow others reasonable access if they ask.

I'll let you call 911 when your life is threatened. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away!

For many years I've volunteered as a Fire & First Responder. Our district is about 150 Sq miles of rural country side, yet we routinely can average 10 mins or less on scene from one of two stations. That means someone can get out of bed drive to a station, pickup a truck and drive to a scene. In the case of calls involving assaults of any kind we are required to hold short until a LEO secures the scene, regardless of how serious the callers injuries might be. Now considering LEO was the first called, you might think they would already be there?? Unfortunately that isn't the case, as we have been forced to sit on the side of the road many times upwards of 45 minutes or more waiting on them to arrive.

@smoke665 No. I agree and understand what you're saying. I do not trespass, and if I ever had inadvertently and a property owner asked me to leave, I would. No questions asked and apologies given. I personally do respect property owner's rights. At the same time though, If someone trespasses on your property, that's between you and the trespasser. So it's kind of hard for me to get too upset about trespassing.

At the same time the fact that you yourself point out that "I'm assuming that you would have a problem with someone walking through your house uninvited or maybe opening your back gate and strolling through your yard" indicates that there are various degrees here.

I think there is a difference between someone, entering a home, approaching a dwelling or livestock within visual proximity or willfully ignoring postings in order to recreate, loiter, hunt, or camp with someone who steps over a fence to gain access to a vista an leave immediately after or to explore an abandoned, derelict building that clearly lacks value to the owner and who's notices are placed only for insurance purposes.

I am not saying that either is "ok", or that the property owner is in the "wrong" but you cannot compare someone's backyard with someone's 100 acre vacation ranch. It's not the same thing at all.

Last edited:
They weren't blocking traffic.

Look at the video at 0:27 and look at the lower right corner. Notice the center stripe.

Not only was he parked in the middle of the road, he was parked in the middle of the road in a place where traffic could not legally and safely pass.

Yes. He was blocking the road.

If I were the guy in the SUV, I would have stopped, maybe honked, maybe even expressed my grievances, then called the cops like he threatened to do and drove along. That's what any normal person would do.

But yes. The brotographers here were illegally using a public road.

There was plenty enough stupid to go around in this situation. The Photographer and his buddy had a case of stupid. The guy in the truck had a case of Aggravated Stupid.

Look at the video at 0:27 and look at the lower right corner. Notice the center stripe.

Not only was he parked in the middle of the road, he was parked in the middle of the road in a place where traffic could not legally and safely pass.

If I were the guy in the SUV, I would have stopped, maybe honked, maybe even expressed my grievances, then called the cops like he threatened to do and drove along. That's what any normal person would do.

what's the point here?

that they were blocking traffic?

didn't you say that they weren't?

what's the point here?
picard-facepalm.png

For some laws are "merely suggestions."

Yes, they did in fact have a car parked in a lane on a street that one other person happened to be using. But they weren't blocking traffic, since there was no traffic.

Who cares? Whether it was legal or not has no bearing on anything.

And if there are no
Yes, they did in fact have a car parked in a lane on a street that one other person happened to be using. But they weren't blocking traffic, since there was no traffic.

Who cares? Whether it was legal or not has no bearing on anything.
jiFfM.jpg

"No traffic, guess I will run this red light."

If there was "NO TRAFFIC" then the incident would not have happened now would it because Moron in the truck WAS TRAFFIC!

"As fallible human beings, all of us share the impulse to justify ourselves and avoid taking responsibility for any actions that may turn out to be harmful, immoral, or stupid. Most of us will never be in a position to make decisions affecting the lives and deaths of millions of people, but whether the consequences of our mistakes are trivial or tragic, on a small scale or a national canvas, most of us find it difficult, if not impossible, to say, “I was wrong; I made a terrible mistake.”

Most reactions

Back