how to organize photos in LR2 with multiple cameras

trc&hac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We just shot a wedding with 2 cameras and we can't seem to get the photos to be organize according to time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Put them in the order you want in a file outside of LR. Then import them into LR from the file you just made. (don't number them...I have done that, and LR has not necessarily imported them in the order I numbered them)

I don't know your file structure, but you can import to your 'event folder' and import camera 1 to begin with sequence number 1. After the last file is imported, take note of the file number. Import camera 2 into the same folder, but begin the sequence number to a unique number.

As an example of two cameras from the same event. I will import the shots from my D300 begining with sequence number 300 and the D700 imports begining with 700. I then know which camera was used. It doesn't matter unless I've shot more than 400 images with my D300. That has not happened in my situations, but then again, I don't do weddings and have that many shots at one go.

I don't know your file structure, but you can import to your 'event folder' and import camera 1 to begin with sequence number 1. After the last file is imported, take note of the file number. Import camera 2 into the same folder, but begin the sequence number to a unique number.

As an example of two cameras from the same event. I will import the shots from my D300 begining with sequence number 300 and the D700 imports begining with 700. I then know which camera was used. It doesn't matter unless I've shot more than 400 images with my D300. That has not happened in my situations, but then again, I don't do weddings and have that many shots at one go.

2 cameras and we can't seem to get the photos to be organize according to time

I think they are trying to sync the photos by time shot during the wedding?

It's helpful if you synced the camera's clocks before the event. That way the time line should be the same from both cameras.

If you didn't, I think you may be able to alter the capture time in LR, but I'm not sure about that one.

You can then put all the photos into a folder and sort them by capture time. Then, if you want, you can rename them with a sequence.
Many photographers do this before importing them into LR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back