How to sell photos

I mean, it's craigslist... There are bound to be scammers. But when I first returned to New England two years ago and was actually applying to those jobs, not all of them were just sales pitches for software. I haven't applied to any lately, though, so what do I really know? I just know that I see them still and they look the same. Also in my area are a lot of photog/graphic designer jobs for online retailing from local stores. They want to build an online store but don't have the know how, so if you've got GIC skills you could hybridize your photog career.

Really depends on what you're shooting.

The way you market and advertise yourself for sports is completely different than the way you do it for portraits.

2 ways to make money.

1. Work your butt off getting good at photography, babysitting, advertising, business etc.

2. Sell a photography 101 book/video/seminar.

Do some research. I believe every market is different. Even when it comes to the online digital world. In my experience, working with models can bring in some money but that's just what's been around me in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, and it depends on what genre of photographs one is wanting to sell.
Landscapes and fine art images are both tough to sell - anywhere.

Something like 85% of all the photographs that do sell have people in the photos.
Then something like 85% of those photos with people in them that sell are bought by people in the photos.

A very common mistake I see many photo sellers make is they set way to low a price for their photographs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back