how to take good shots

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so i just purchased my first dslr camera: canon rebel xs or 1000D....i was wondering wat tips you guys cud give me on how to start takin pics and how to take good shots. thanks a bunch!

Before you can take good shots (btw, I am still learning), you need to learn more about how to use your gears. Learn about exposure with reference to ISO/Shutter Speed/Aperture. Learn about composition. Learn about how lights works. And many other stuff such as post processing.

I think nobody can tell you "How to take good shot". Because there is no formula to create one. There are step by step type tutorial on how to achieve certain effects but it doesn't mean your photo will have the "WOW ingredient" once you apply the effects.

Anyway, just

1. Read
2. Research
3. Learn
4. Practice
5. Ask
6. Back to step 1

Dao is right no one can tell you how to make a good image, but.........

There are some guidlines that can help. A good, simple guidline is known as the 'Rule of Thirds' (ROT). Google will return a huge list of references and there is always Wikipedia.

Horizontal lines in an image tend to be calming and soothing. Vertical lines convey strength, dignity and power while diagonal lines foster feelings of motion and speed.

So well made images, knowingly or unknowingly, are based on various combinations of the guidelines of image composition.

ok thanks for the advice guys! really appreciate it!!!!:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back