how to take great shots by yourself for social media?

ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
going hiking up in scandavia and want to capture the alpines and great nature aas well as feature myself in them for social media /portfolio and share with friends and family. I want them to appear professional with certain light hitting it just right and having myself angle a certain way. I might invest in a gorilla pod since I have no one to frame and take a picture of myself

Something like this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 2.11.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 2.11.48 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Your post is a statement and I don't see any questions, so I'll just wish you well. Have a great trip, enjoy the beauty that will surround you, and please share some of your photos with us here on TPF.

Question is how do I prop up my camera to take great travel photos like the one in attachment. thanks!

yes, but I am more aim at lighting, the pose, etc. like mounting a camera on tripod for stability is half the work. putting in the correct setting for exposure is another. but some great photographer like the one above does more than that. what is the secret?

i guess i was expecting more of a detail response than a one off...

:(

Sorry, my friend but I for example have been into photography for more than 30 years and photography at this standard take a lot of getting it wrong first. Good luck....:encouragement:

Hi jeff15, Totally. Not to discount your efforts..However, I'd argue that with the way technology is moving, most iphone can capture similar images. and photography isn't as hard as it once was. I am just trying to understand what makes a good photo vs a great photo.

for eg. these were taken with iphone and with post processing it looks just as stunning , if not more stunning than the original photo with mountain

Attachments

• shotoniphonefeat.jpg
    shotoniphonefeat.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 39
Just in case? Bean Bag will hold up a camera on a rock or stump or the ground. Pretty quick and easy and doesn't weigh much. Compact nothing mechanical. Although now that we're modern, instead of beans, you'll probably want some poly beads.

I made one by cutting the heads off Beanie Bears, which cost me 50c each, at the resale shop. Plastic doesn't rot, get bugs or absorb moisture.

Looks like fun, have a good time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back