How to use my flash?

sarisotta_21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a SB600 nikon flash and I'm not understanding how to use it, the manuel is kinda blah to me, is there a better way to understand how to use and what settings to use? Website etc....

Have you tried searching the 'net? I suspect typing "SB600 tutorial" or similar into Google would yeild a ton of results, but quite frankly, the manual that came with it is your best bet.

The Nikon Speedlights are not known for their intuitive controls. If you just stick it on your cameras hot-shoe and use it like a stronger pop-up it's really a waste of a couple hundred. The real value of the Speedlights come when you set up your body in Commander mode and the Speedlight as an off camera slave unit.

The single best resource I know of for learning lighting techniques specific to the Nikon system (and just general lighting techniques period) is this video. This is not theory or abstract ideas, but specific, real-world situations that give you information that you can use today with your camera and one Speedlight.

Apologies for the commercial.....I just really think a lot of this video.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Read my signature. First link on the bottom line, in yellow.

Incidently, that very same tutorial is what you get as the very first result if you Google "Manual flash".

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
See that's what I'm talkin about thanks everyone!!! I know to search but sometimes you guys come up with some awesome sites and videos I don't find!! That's why I ask :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back