How would you design your camera bag.

I'd love a proper hiking camera bag. Fitted semi ridgid waist strap to put a lot of the weight on my hips, mesh back, a full sized tripod strap on the side, monopod strap on the other. loops top and bottom to take extras, dedicated pouch for 1 litre bottles of water/juice. Compartment for waterproofs, waterproof cover large enough to also cover the tripod, rip stop fabric, longer and not quite as wide as current backpacks. Clip on to waist strap for ND filters. Spare battery compartment.

And I'd like a day tripper version, still with monopod/full size tripod straps, just big enough to carry a 600mm f4L mounted to a body and a wide lens, batteries and waterproofs.

I wouldn't bother. Even if I'd designed it myself, I would want to replace it after a month. To add insult to injury, I would lose the satisfaction of complaining about it.

All of the of members have already posted the desired features in a bag. The only thing I would add that my bag is terrible at is I would have the bag made with a stay dry/dry fit material. There is nothing like taking my camera backpack off and having a big wet spot on my back. Also, my bag has tripod straps on the side, I wish the tripod would be inside the bag somewhere. As much as I love supporting the photography way of life, rarely I want to go rogue. Plus, it would protect my tripod from damage, not to mention what just got hit.

I am in the desert, Yuma AZ. Today's high 107F and I love every minute of it. (Except the wet spots from the bag) Good post so far @everyone.

Most reactions

Back