How'd I do?

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taking some shot for my Dad on father's day. Had a hard time getting him to sit still so I am not super happy with the lighting.

Sebsign2 by runnah555, on Flickr

I think the flash was way too hot on this one.

Sebsign1 by runnah555, on Flickr

Papa will LOVE either of these! You know that family photos are judged on emotional connection to the subject, so, the lighting doesn't even matter from grandpa's point of view. The little dude looks adorable! And the sign? Wicked cute. Win. Win.

Papa will LOVE either of these! You know that family photos are judged on emotional connection to the subject, so, the lighting doesn't even matter from grandpa's point of view. The little dude looks adorable! And the sign? Wicked cute. Win. Win.

Thanks, I guess I am too critical of myself. But lighting OK? What could I have done better?

THis one I wish he was looking at the camera because it is my favorite.

Sebsign3 by runnah555, on Flickr

Runnah, the last one is really good too. I don't mind him not looking at the camera. It's a little hot but still I totally understand why it is your favorite.

All very cute and I agree, your dad will love them. I have a grandson who is a little older than him. I love the way there is about an inch or two between the bottom of the shorts and the tops of the socks/shoes. Too cute!

My only critical comment is the light seems a bit harsh. But you're out in the sun, trying to fill with flash, so I don't know there's anything you could do outside of flagging and bouncing, etc.

I would tone down the intensity of the yellow-green grass in the last shot, and print it on a matte surface paper. Him standing up further reinforces his young age. He looks so cute holding that sign...it's half as big as he is!

I like the third one, most. Yeah, the green in the bg is a bit hot. Great model, though!

I like the lighting in #1 best. Pose in #3 is good, but there is a shadow on his arm.

I would be cool to give the photo mounted in the same frame.

I like the lighting in #1 best. Pose in #3 is good, but there is a shadow on his arm.

Love that idea.

I also prefer the lighting in 1... the others he looks like he's been flashed to death. lol The greens are crazy in all to me. Papa will love these surely!! Cute kid.

Way ahead of you.... ;)

Thanks everyone. I was my first time trying to shoot in the shade like that, plus he just was running around like crazy.

Pretty sure he'll love them.

Personally I feel that they're a little over-saturated, and the lighting is a little harsh. The super-saturated colors mixed with the harsh lighting are really distracting to me, and kind of makes it all clash in my opinion.

Pretty sure he'll love them.

Personally I feel that they're a little over-saturated, and the lighting is a little harsh. The super-saturated colors mixed with the harsh lighting are really distracting to me, and kind of makes it all clash in my opinion.

Yeah chalk that up to my ****ty monitor. My home screen is really bad for editing but I was in a time crunch. I looked at them on my phone and was bummed.

The last one has the best lighting imo yeah its blown from the sun but the 2nd one created a harsh shadow from the pop up flash, and the first one his face is too under exposed so the last one is the best im0

Most reactions

New Topics

Back