Howdy from Texas

SLR Cowboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am just getting back into black and white film photography after decades.
I first fell in love with 35mm photography and darkroom fun in 1968 in junior high school.
Very active through the 1980's. Sold off all my equipment in 1992 when i got married and my wife had no inclination to learn so went digital for her.
Well fast forward to now and I got the itch and found a nice Minolta SR-T101 just like my old camera. Now I am in the process of finding and acquiring all my old stuff back.
Still trying to convince the Mrs. on putting in the darkroom in a spare room.
I am hoping to relearn some old skill with the help of this forum.

Welcome from Houston.

Looks like we are about the same age and, like you, I started in film. I shoot both digital and film. Film, mostly Tri-X 400 120, with a Mimaya 645 1000s. I remember how much time I use to spend in the darkroom making prints taking away from family time, so I changed my workflow. I process it myself then scan it in for Post Processing, printing and display.

Enjoy the forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard

I am just getting back into black and white film photography after decades.
I first fell in love with 35mm photography and darkroom fun in 1968 in junior high school.
Very active through the 1980's. Sold off all my equipment in 1992 when i got married and my wife had no inclination to learn so went digital for her.
Well fast forward to now and I got the itch and found a nice Minolta SR-T101 just like my old camera. Now I am in the process of finding and acquiring all my old stuff back.
Still trying to convince the Mrs. on putting in the darkroom in a spare room.
I am hoping to relearn some old skill with the help of this forum.
Welcome from Buffalo Tx! I’m also making up for lost time and equipment, so I feel your pain.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back