Howdy!

MonochromeTear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone.
My brother introduced me to this site and he won't post anything until I've gone ahead and tested the waters.

So here are a couple of my shots that I'd like C&C on.

4080093812_ba097a575d.jpg

4079423371_bccce8e2d0.jpg

4080184008_f0ff6a2937.jpg

Thanks for looking. Hopefully this will give my brother the much needed push to get some of his stuff on display.

Two and three are my favorites.

1. Not so interesting for me. It's not bad but i think if you used a slightly narrower apperture you could have gotten both eyes and sets of wiskars in focus.

2. Nice detail and focus, i think the angle works. I like the snow crystals, they add some interest.

3. Cool cat. This at a zoo?!

all around good pictures IMO! Tell your bro to sign up and get some photos up!

1. I think you missed the focus here. I can't seem to find a single point of sharp focus. When shooting animals and people (with your camera!) having the eyes in focus is very important. Composition is interesting, but I think I would have liked to see more of the cat's face.

2. I actually like this one. I'm not a fan of photos of barbed wire, but the ice crystals make it just unique and interesting enough. Also not a fan of tilted horizons, but again, for this shot it just works. You also nailed the focus. Nice work here.

3. Pretty cat. :) I like this shot. Nice work getting the background blurred like you did. It's hard to tell, but it looks like the sharpest point of focus is right on the cat's nose. This is more of a nit pick than anything, but maybe stopping down a bit would have helped here. Still, nice work.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

1. I though I might get pulled up on the focus in the first shot, I'm fairly sure when I shot this I put the right eye in focus (On the left when looking at it) I realise now that this was a mistake and it would have worked a lot better with the other eye in focus, guess that's why its always good to get someone else to feedback on your shots.

2. There was a reason why I shot this one at an angle, I already have quite a few shots of various pieces of barbed wire all shot with the horizon and I figured skewing it would be more dramatic although one of my other fav shot's is this

4095250466_5780239735.jpg

Which I didn't post cause I know the focus is off :(

3. I don't think anyone is gonna believe me when I say this photo is actually quite sharp. I can view this at 100% and it all looks fine but when you look at it as a whole it looks really soft and I can only blame it on the soft cuddly fur :) This was actually shot at a zoo through a sheet of glass. It took me a while to get the right view point to avoid reflections on the glass.

Hopefully my brother will be along soon to post some stuff up, he's been registered for a while but too scared to post anything :)

Gaerek pretty much summed up my thoughts.

I actually like the framing in #1 and think the shallow DOF would've worked well if the eye(s) had been sharp. Looks like string or hair or something entering the frame at camera bottom left.

Agreed that the tilted horizon, focus and DOF works well for #2. Close up barbed wire has become very cliche but I like this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back