How's Your Color Vision?

Where are my dyschromatic brothers? We're supposed to be about 7% of American males, not sure about proportion in other parts of the world. Interesting, I wonder if there are fewer of us here, on a photography forum - limited color discrimination could naturally select against this hobby. It seems very dependent on time of day and ambient light. I scored 205 last night, improved to 58 today. Wondering about an implicit learning effect on this too.
Anyone else who scored relatively poorly, don't feel bad. It's a variation that is so common it's generally considered normal. They may not let us fly planes, but I'm not sure what their cut-offs are. What is also interesting is that in spite of the dismal score on this, day to day life is generally not affected. I had no idea I had reduced color discrimination until I saw Ishihara plates for the first time.

Right here. I got a 143. Ouch.

I scored 0... saweet! "Perfect Color Vision"

Right here. I got a 143. Ouch.

Good to find a brother in suffering. Keep the chin up general! We shall overcome! Color vision is SO overrated... :lol:
As I said, daily life is usually unaffected by this. You may have not been aware of any limitation before taking the stupid test. We don't need no stinking tests! :D

That was fun. I got an 8. I'll have to try again on my monitor at home.

it was getting hard to focus by the end of it... lol Not sure if I could have took another row... lol :D

• Your score: 0
  • Age range: 30-39
  • Best score for your gender and age range: 0
  • Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

\0/ beers are on me! ;)

With my glasses on, I scored a 31. They are for seeing far away, and I actually strain to see the computer with them on.
So I took them off and tested again and got a 4.
The first time my graph showed troubles pretty much each time the colors meet, and the second time it only showed trouble in the blue.

Your score: 4
Age range: 20-29
:lmao:

Most reactions

Back