Huachucas on a Cloudy Day

flygning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4thofJoo-lie048e1.jpg

Just a quick edit using newfound knowledge about how curves actually work (instead of moving the line around until I think it looks cool :mrgreen:). What do you think?

Nice one. I like the composition. You might consider sharpening it some and adding a little more contrast.

I know why you like the yucca, but the shot might be better with the yucca cropped out. To me, it competes with the tree in the center as a focal point. That crop would also get some of the elements off center. I may well be entirely wrong, but you might try it.

Keep it up. I've been enjoying your photos.

Thanks for looking!

Here's a bit more contrast:
4thofJoo-lie048e2.jpg

I agree, I like this better.

I also tried a different crop:
4thofJoo-lie048e3.jpg

Not sure if this particular crop does it for me. It seems almost more centered. I'll play around with some other ideas later.

I now think I was wrong about the contrast.

Perhaps I did a bit too much contrast, but I don't like how little contrast there is between the mountains and clouds in the first shot. I'll play with it some more :)

Hey, I like it. I had another idea that came to me as I scrolled to read comments. Try cropping out the sky entirely (in other words, crop the top of the image at the bottom of the 'v' in the mountains which gets rid of the very back set of mountains entirely. This makes the bulk of the picture the foreground grass. I like the increased contrast). That looked sorta cool to me. I'd try it myself, but I'm at work without photoshop. I agree ... leave out the Yucca.

Ian

OK -- I tried it on Picassa which I can access from work. Not as precise as PS and I'm not very good with it, but I meant something like this ... It changes the character of the image, so you may not like it at all

huach.jpg

... I should be working, but this is more fun :)

Ian

Ha, I tried it as well-
4thofJoo-lie048e4.jpg

It does change the focus of the picture, but I really do like the detail in the grass.

We could also go the opposite direction-
4thofJoo-lie049e1.jpg

The yucca is a tad off in this one too.

I like yours better with less saturation than mine. The second one keeps your idea of the cloudy sky which is also cool ... amazing what you can do with one exposure!

I like your crop version the best (the oblong one), but to be honest, I find the pics a bit boring. There's nothing really grabbing my attention. It's pleasant to the eye, don't get me wrong, but I feel my eyes searching for something special in the picture, but it's not really there. Maybe it could have been the tree in pic #1, but it would have to be bigger.

just my 0.02

pascal

I like your crop version the best (the oblong one), but to be honest, I find the pics a bit boring. There's nothing really grabbing my attention. It's pleasant to the eye, don't get me wrong, but I feel my eyes searching for something special in the picture, but it's not really there. Maybe it could have been the tree in pic #1, but it would have to be bigger.

just my 0.02

pascal

what, you didn't see the lion hiding in the grass?

It really is amazing what you can do with just one scene. The possibilities are endless :)

Puscas-- to me, at least in the non-cropped versions, the mountains really are worth the shot. I love the Huachucas, they are such beautiful mountains. Plus, that silly lion wouldn't come out to play.

I like your first edit the most. But I thought I'd give it a try since I haven't gotten out in the last couple weeks and miss the desert. :)

e--4thofJoo-lie048e1.jpg

Wow, Walter-- I always think my edits are at least decent until you come along :p That looks absolutely amazing! When my brain isn't so fuzzy I'll take a look at your edits and see if I can't try and duplicate them. Just...Wow :-D

Most reactions

Back