Hubby poses for me again--CC please!

aliciaqw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How is this one? Does focus look OK? I'm concerned about color (too cool/warm...I'm baaad with color. On my computer his skin looks very accurate to real life) and composition. Is the background too busy? Give it to me!

p.s. I wonder how long before he starts telling me NO! Haha...

ISO 100
f/2.5
1/1000
I was in Ap mode...

6sfckp.jpg

OK, so as soon as I looked at this once it was posted...I hated his color (even if he IS a redneck). Here's a re-edit with the reds adjusted, a little warming, and the magentas darkened...whatever the hell all that means. Better? Ugh...

11bhvll.jpg

Im married to a redneck as well and both look great in my opionion. Good shot. I like the cowboy one better though lol just my taste.

Im married to a redneck as well and both look great in my opionion. Good shot. I like the cowboy one better though lol just my taste.

Oh yes, so do I. But he got some "brokeback" comments on Facebook and he had to redeem himself and silence his critics. I think this just gave them more ammo. Haha...

I know its a naturally green tire....But the green tire is throwing me off....My brain wants it to be black...LoL

I think its a good photo. I like it. The softness of the background is nice and helps to focus the subject and keep your eyes looked on it. Cheers!

My $0.02!
- Dan

For this type of pose and the competition spect of the motorcycle, I would have shot from a much lower perspective to convey a stronger sense of power, dominance, and herorism on the part of the subject.

The background is very busy. The diagonal lines in the background add a sense of motion but verticals would have fomented an impression of strength and power and been more appropriate IMO.

I would have had him place his foot on the near foot peg and would have used a reflector to add light under the ball cap, but not to the shadow side of his face (camera right).

Adding to Keith's comments, the front tire is in the shade, maybe lighten that up as well.

Does your editing program provide you with the ability to change the backround? It is somewhat busy...the grass is enough...maybe mountains/hills in the backround - 'mountain bike'

I did an edit, brought the background exposure down a full stop, dodged the front tire, under the cap bill, and did some contrast enhancement...but did't post it because you don't allow that.

I did an edit, brought the background exposure down a full stop, dodged the front tire, under the cap bill, and did some contrast enhancement...but did't post it because you don't allow that.

Oh no! I'd love to see it if you have it still. I need to change that on my profile.

And I agree that the background is too busy but I'm no pro with PSE8 so I don't know how to transform the background into anything other than what it is. Still learning.

I didn't notice the shaded tire until you mentioned it, actually. I wish I had a reflector-- good idea. I should get one of those. I don't have any equipment other than my camera, the 2 lenses, and a tripod.

And I did take a few photos from a lower perspective but the focus seemed off. I liked the dominant factor in those shots but thought his face being slightly out of focus was bothersome.

Sooo...show me your edit :)

Hey, you made the shadows disappear from his face and the tire! And you did that how? I'll have to look for a tutorial in my PSE8 book. I suppose I can also look out for that WHILE I'm taking the photo :)

And how do I bring the background exposure down a stop while photographing? I really am sorry if these are dumb questions but I won't know until I ask.

I really appreciate being able to see his face and now that the shadow is gone from the tire, I can see how annoying it was before.

I am thinking of some shots with some serious air inbetween the bike and the ground! ;)

I like Keith's comment about a lower perspective...

Hey, you made the shadows disappear from his face and the tire! And you did that how? I'll have to look for a tutorial in my PSE8 book. I suppose I can also look out for that WHILE I'm taking the photo :) Before you take the photo!

And how do I bring the background exposure down a stop while photographing? I really am sorry if these are dumb questions but I won't know until I ask. You use strobed light (flash).

I really appreciate being able to see his face and now that the shadow is gone from the tire, I can see how annoying it was before.
To add light to his face and the tire I used a technique that has been used on photographs for over 100 years. It's called 'dodging' and can be done with Photoshop. Doing it with Elements is a bit harder than doing it with CS4 which is what I use. Did you notice I also darkened the rear tire. That's called 'burning'.

dodging with elements - Google Search

You can dodge with PSE8 though cant you? So much to learn. I love the edit btw. Still like the cowboy one better even with the distracting tree lol. I would love to see him in an action shot on this bike like someone else said. Your poor hubby is such a good sport. Hopefully mine will be when I get my camera next week.

Hey, you made the shadows disappear from his face and the tire! And you did that how? I'll have to look for a tutorial in my PSE8 book. I suppose I can also look out for that WHILE I'm taking the photo :) Before you take the photo!

And how do I bring the background exposure down a stop while photographing? I really am sorry if these are dumb questions but I won't know until I ask. You use strobed light (flash).

To add light to his face and the tire I used a technique that has been used on photographs for over 100 years. It's called 'dodging' and can be done with Photoshop. Doing it with Elements is a bit harder than doing it with CS4 which is what I use. Did you notice I also darkened the rear tire. That's called 'burning'.

dodging with elements - Google Search

Thanks! I will practice that-- BUT I intend to try and avoid it all together. We'll see.

I guess I need to start looking into some "gear"? Hmm...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back