Humminbirds: Sometimes they land

Its amazing what those cameras can do with ISO eh... and an amazing photo also

thanks....i almost never shoot over 6400 and was quite surprised by 9k

Stunning!

thanks Amanda

Couldn't have asked for a better perch !!!!! Another great shot :thumbup:

thanks Bill

Looks like a mini dragon sitting on that flower I love this ;)

thanks

Nice shot.

thanks

Thanks. The link didn't work, but figuring out why the link didn't work also helped me understand why the picture wasn't showing up. Apparently the "sports" part of the website name triggered the firewall on my work computer. The reason it gave? "Games" :roll:

Anyway, I'm home so now I can see how gorgeous that shot is. The bird really does look like a dragon!

thanks Leonore

you can also use www.RandyRimlandPhotography.com

Awesome shot!

thanks

Wow! Plus what everyone else said.

thanks Brian

Incredible capture!!

thanks

^+1
This is the most beautiful bird I've ever seen, what an amazing capture. I can spend a lifetime following these around. And that real flower just makes it picture perfect, I wouldn't do any NR, or even if I did it would be very selectively done only on the background.

thanks Raj

How close to perfect can you get ........ yeah about this close :) :) Outstanding shot and subject Randy. Nice work with the fill flash and those colours are just drop dead gorgeous. Cost Rica is in my bucket list, fantastic bird life.

All the best Randy, superb work and shot.

Danny.

thanks Danny, Costa Rica was wonderful. I went in March on a Gate1 tour with my wife and did a little shooting and went back 4 weeks latter on a photo tour that was amazing. Not sure I will ever shoot hummers again though after close to 3k hummer pics in 7 days

Last edited:
I'm going to Costa Rica in November, and my husband is going to be very surprised when I insist that renting a longer lens is absolutely essential for our trip. :) And maybe a better body too. This is a beautiful shot!

I'm going to Costa Rica in November, and my husband is going to be very surprised when I insist that renting a longer lens is absolutely essential for our trip. :) And maybe a better body too. This is a beautiful shot!

thanks

try to visit The La Paz Waterfall park outside San Jose

Most reactions

New Topics

Back