What's new

Hurricane Isaac Sucked

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
2,522
Reaction score
464
Location
New Orleans, LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So after 110 hours of no electricity, I got around to uploading these images of some damage in my neighborhood. I would have taken more, but it would have looked all the same lol, trees and lines down everywhere.

1.

Isaac Lean by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

2.

Another Day in Paradise by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

3.

Expiration Date by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

I probably went a little overboard on the editing, but was done purposely. I wanted to bring out the vivid colors in such a depressing scene, let me know if it works for you or not
 
I love #2. The HDRish look and shallow DOF almost makes it look like a miniature diorama. Almost tilt/shifty
 
Love them. Wish i had brought my good camera down here in deployment (i'm with AMR DRT and FEMA deployed us to Louisiana). You doing ok now?

Sent from my left big toe
 
Chilling and humbling pics. Hope all of you are well down there.

The muggy and rainy remnants of Isaac are passing thru our region with some locally heavy downpours and unconfirmed tornadoes.
 
Love them. Wish i had brought my good camera down here in deployment (i'm with AMR DRT and FEMA deployed us to Louisiana). You doing ok now?

Sent from my left big toe

Yeah, luckily, the worst we had was the power outage (which is still bad in 100+ heat indexes lol). I feel lucky though, so many people I know got water in parts of their homes and even one who was in Braithwaite and had 15' of water in her home. When you hear things like that, loss of electricity is minimal.

Thank you for your help/support and coming down here (even though, I'm sure you had no choice haha)
 
Actually it was fully vy choice... although FEMA salary makes me greedy for a longer deployment lol. I was in Bush and Slidell supporting operations there most of my deployment. Should be headed home soon. And it was nice being down here. Y'all are friendly to out pf state first responders :-)

Sent from my left big toe
 
Don't be afraid to do something a little more daring. I cropped your original in a way that I find a bit more interesting.

$7918889066_1948843d8f_b.webp

Also, shiny new cars are distracting in disasters.
 
Much better! Now it just looks like the ever artistic "Dutch Tilt."
 
Only if you don't actually look at the image.

Or have an ax to grind.
 
Oh come on! You really think the original is better? To me it's just another hurricane snapshot. The HDR adds absolutely nothing, and the car detracts from the destruction.

Honestly, I was pretty excited about this image. I liked the odd angles - at first it looked like the "dutch angle" but then you see the background. I was excited, until I scrolled down.
 
lol The nice shiny car needs to stay in the shot. It adds interest/story. In the middle of all that devastation, there is a car that didn't get a scratch. It shows how random and unpredictable that storms can be. The car is the subject.....end story.
 
Love the images. not sure how I feel about the HDRish look though. I feel like they are a bit overcooked.
 
lol The nice shiny car needs to stay in the shot. It adds interest/story. In the middle of all that devastation, there is a car that didn't get a scratch. It shows how random and unpredictable that storms can be. The car is the subject.....end story.

optimist.
 
To me it's just another hurricane snapshot.

:lol:, and I don't find the crop "daring" either.

Anyways, while I don't have a problem with your crop, Mishele got the point of my image. Your crop gives the image a different meaning, but not one I was going for. I liked how the untouched car among the damage looked, but I liked the scale difference of the small car among the large fallen objects mostly.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom