What's new

Hurricane Isaac Sucked

Ow my eyes. These are violently sharpened, and the colors are rendered surreal.

Why? Do either of these effects support your vision, here? I think that they get in the way, frankly. By making the vegetation so chaotic, busy, and bright, you detract from the tangle of wires and equipment. I think your goal is to show the damage and chaos of the downed lines and broken poles, trees, and so forth. By shoving the leaves so forward in our consciousness, you take away from what you are trying to reveal.

That's my take on it, anyways. I really dislike this look, personally, so it's possible I am simply trying to rationalize my distaste here.
 
Since this is a "dark" scene, why not make it dark?

$Issac1.webp
 
Ow my eyes. These are violently sharpened, and the colors are rendered surreal.

Why? Do either of these effects support your vision, here? I think that they get in the way, frankly. By making the vegetation so chaotic, busy, and bright, you detract from the tangle of wires and equipment. I think your goal is to show the damage and chaos of the downed lines and broken poles, trees, and so forth. By shoving the leaves so forward in our consciousness, you take away from what you are trying to reveal.

That's my take on it, anyways. I really dislike this look, personally, so it's possible I am simply trying to rationalize my distaste here.

Yeah, I knew going into this, the editing style would probably not be for everyone or anyone haha.

But, to touch on the bolded section of your quote, I already covered that in the OP.

"done purposely. I wanted to bring out the vivid colors in such a depressing scene"

Thanks for your thoughts though, I don't hate you for not liking it, that's your decision. :)

Since this is a "dark" scene, why not make it dark?

View attachment 19524

:thumbdown:
 
i liked the first and the third images; they help to share the feeling regarding the situation there :D
 
lol The nice shiny car needs to stay in the shot. It adds interest/story. In the middle of all that devastation, there is a car that didn't get a scratch. It shows how random and unpredictable that storms can be. The car is the subject.....end story.

Well, yeah, I guess so, yeah, sure, I guess so. Uh-huh. HOWEVER, there is also another photo, hidden within the photo! If you'll indulge me, here it is.$Hurricane Iggy.webp It's all about the WIRES man--the wires!
 
^^^Derrel, you're a genius!! I would of never seen this crop!! All the wires crossing over each other creates such a feel of chaos!! Where do I look? Which way are they going?! Amazing....just amazing!!
unpopular....take note. :lol:
 
Somebody told me I got my wires crossed...

I think this proves that point...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom