I <3 Bagels

I like the beagles but find the fruit a distraction.... crop tight and remove the remaining fruit....shot is a tad yellow. Overall I like it... looks natural.

Why would you find the fruit distracting? It's a part of the subject.

The fruits are not fresh they have spots and some shrivel, the apple is dull. Don't want to be super critical but I have shot a lot of food for many years and just trying to help you up your game.

It's fake fruit lol. Luckily that could be all fixed in photoshop. Although, this post is a lot more informative than your initial one, I don't know what to look for in fresh fruit to even begin to fix this lol.

Last edited:
I did not make my initial comment to be snarky ....there are enough people on here to take care of that :). I did not see the fruit as fake LOL I liked the roughness of the bagels and thought that was the main POV of the shot.

I did not make my initial comment to be snarky ....there are enough people on here to take care of that :). I did not see the fruit as fake LOL I liked the roughness of the bagels and thought that was the main POV of the shot.

I wasn't saying that you were snarky. You just said that the fruit was distracting but didn't hit me with why.

Very, very nice. The only thing I see is the edge of the basket is clipped on the right.

I love this. It made me want bagels, and these look especially amazing. That's a compliment. ;) haha

Well it's an assignment I'm handing in tomorrow morning. Hopefully it does the trick because my last 2 missed the mark.

Well it's an assignment I'm handing in tomorrow morning. Hopefully it does the trick because my last 2 missed the mark.

Good luck. It's a nice shot, and the little Montreal/New York bagel thing aside, it's pleasing, feels spontaneous, and certainly make me want to have a sample.

Good luck. It's a nice shot, and the little Montreal/New York bagel thing aside, it's pleasing, feels spontaneous, and certainly make me want to have a sample.

Ohhhh no.. you no get the bread dough hole bagels! :lol:

Thanks pgriz.

Can anyone see where I merged the 2 tables used to shoot this?

Can anyone see where I merged the 2 tables used to shoot this?

Not sure. I think I can--on the left side, not far below the bagels that are spilling out of the bag? But I'd never have noticed at all without prodding, and not even entirely sure what I'm seeing even now is where they merge.
Certainly doesn't seem to be anything very noticeable or distracting, since nobody pointed it out before. Although to be fair, they may have been thrown off the trail by the whole "what makes a real bagel" debate. :D

Personally, I hate bagels. Montreal, NY, bread dough, dough with eggs...I just hate them. Hard, chewy old bread, if you ask me. :lmao:
Give me a fresh biscuit lathered in sausage gravy ANY day--now THAT's a good start to the day!

Ah, Sharon. Tsk. Tsk. If you weren't such a nice person, I'd be tempted to ascribe your deficient taste in bagels to your character, but I can't. You're too nice. Oh well, we'll figure out something else that might catch your fancy, such as... poutine! Yeah! Greasy taters, with melted fresh cheese curds and slathered with deeeelishious gravy... Actually, they do taste pretty good. But given their artery-clogging properties, they come with an advisory - no more than one a month, unless you have the metabolism of a Canuck lumberjack.

$242kj.jpg

This is the SOOC shot.

Not sure. I think I can--on the left side, not far below the bagels that are spilling out of the bag? But I'd never have noticed at all without prodding, and not even entirely sure what I'm seeing even now is where they merge.
Certainly doesn't seem to be anything very noticeable or distracting, since nobody pointed it out before. Although to be fair, they may have been thrown off the trail by the whole "what makes a real bagel" debate. :D

Personally, I hate bagels. Montreal, NY, bread dough, dough with eggs...I just hate them. Hard, chewy old bread, if you ask me. :lmao:
Give me a fresh biscuit lathered in sausage gravy ANY day--now THAT's a good start to the day!

What?? No Krispy Kreme?

What?? No Krispy Kreme?

All the local Krispy Kreme shops closed down nearby. I wonder why? They had the best donuts.

Most reactions

Back