I almost ..

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
..passed out at the bloody supermarket earlier !

I just got back now , grateful that I managed the walk home.

I was standin flickin through magazines when I started to feel lightheaded and havin trouble breathing. So I joined the checkout queue ( behind a guy who had a packed trolley load of groceries ) and it just got worse.
I put my bag down and gripped the ledge and concentrated on breathing but every breath I took just felt hopeless : felt like the oxygen just wasnt reaching my lungs.
My vision started blurring and the room started spinning increasingly faster and I silently willed/pleaded that the checkout chick hurry with the guy in front of me because I was struggling hard to hold onto consiousness and felt like I was gonna lose it any second.

Finally she got to me , as I continued to grip the counter to stop from swaying.
She musta thought " Another druggie " :roll: LOL !

Miraculously , I didnt pass out and made it outside where I sat on the curb beside the road and put my head between my knees. After about half an hour two very nice ppl stopped out of concern and asked me if I wanted water etc but by that time I was feelin better.

Blame myself for the incident tho. I gave up smokin two years ago and basically lead a healthy lifestyle ; dont smoke , healthy diet , dont drink a lot of alcohol and work out. But in the last two weeks , over Xmas/New Years , I have been smokin and drinkin. My b/f smokes and when he was here I pinched a few , here and there from him thinkin " I'll be right , its only a couple , I wont take it up again ". Uh no .... silly me went and bought a packet after he left... :roll:
I was going to go back to no smokin tomorrow but this happenin has made this resolve stronger eek !
It was just scary. :shock:

Awww Lumi...thats so scary! Kinda brave I must admit...I wouldnt go to the check out myself...Id rather collapse and make a scene! hehehe....

Glad your all right though, while I was reading that through I was getting kinda scared for yah.

Id blame the chocolate personally!

Lol Arty , yeahhh evil chocolate !! :evil:

Passing out woulda been embarrassing LOL !

" Oh there goes the girl who passes out in supermarkets. The least she can do is pass out somewhere classier ! Such a commoner " ! :roll:

:lol:

Thanks darl :hug:

Karalee said:
:shock: Passing out seems to be in the water :LOL: Im glad your ok chica, that Aussie heats gotta have summin to do with it too :-?

Hey , I hear its the 'in' thing to do these days :lmao: ;)

Yeah it was kinda hot today too tho. I was sweatin whilst I was sittin on the curb lol.

P.S Thats still crackin me up btw chicky :lol:

Don't mean to sound like a nag, but..... while something like that may be as simple as the stress of the holidays and a few smokes, it may be something more. SEE YOU DR.!!!!

Thanks for your concern Walt :hug:

Yeah , might go get a check up , err on the side of caution.
I'm movin out this week and also gotta find a second job in a HURRY .... so I'll have to slot a quack visit in there somewhere too.
Been tryin not to stress out too much but its there all the same...

You haven't been drinking a lot of coffee have you? Sounds a little like caffeine poisoning. I used to get attacks like that but I used to drink five or six pints of the stuff a day. It doesn't sound like dehydration because you normally get a headache with that...
My advice is don't write it off but go see your Doctor right now. Explain it to him and get him to check you over. It is probably nothing - or nothing serious (a virus perhaps, or stress) - but it is best to be safe. We don't want to loose our favourite tummy-flasher.
Just out of interest - what was the magazine you were reading. Those top shelf ones can sause a rush of blood to various parts, you know... ;-)

:hugs: please check up on yourself with the doc.

When I started going to the Gym, the first 2 nights I passed out after about 10 years of neglecting my body. I think when you start working out... you release of alot unhealthy toxins that have been buried in depths of your tissues .. could be the dang aussie sunshine too. anywho... please take care, missus lumibabes! - or i won't have anybody posting comments in me blog anymore :cry:

Hertz van Rental said:
Just out of interest - what was the magazine you were reading. Those top shelf ones can sause a rush of blood to various parts, you know... ;-)

:LOL: !

I think it was the trauma caused by reading that , once again , Jen and Brad are heading for divorce !!

Oh the scandal ! :eek:

Nah caffeine cant be the culprit ; i drank only one this morning.

Thou shall git to the docs and get a check-up , though I pretty much know my body was ' tellin me off ' for the nicotine , alcomohol , junk food and no work-outs I've been subjectin it to over Xmas ;).

Luminosity said:
Hertz van Rental said:

:LOL: !

I think it was the trauma caused by reading that , once again , Jen and Brad are heading for divorce !!

Oh the scandal ! :eek:

Nah caffeine cant be the culprit ; i drank only one this morning.

Thou shall git to the docs and get a check-up , though I pretty much know my body was ' tellin me off ' for the nicotine , alcomohol , junk food and no work-outs I've been subjectin it to over Xmas ;).

Yeh...those top shelf ones...infact...whats at the top shelf? ive never gone to that shelf...I wonder...guess ill have a look!

Most reactions

Back