I AM better than you...

your not too good

I'm starting to think this forum has two groups the leetist and the humble beginners who fall prey to the leetist.....being a newb to this forum i think I just alienated myself:meh:But sometimes ya gotta speak up to be heard.

Why dont you post your best photo then I'll compare it with mine.

Stay as arrogant as hell and turn that passion into images that communicate that.

Looking at the photo's you are capable as a photographer but I think you need to learn to be less cocky and be a little humble. There are hundreds of photographers who could take similar photographs. But what makes you world class is by doing something unique and different.

I'm starting to think this forum has two groups the leetist and the humble beginners who fall prey to the leetist.....being a newb to this forum i think I just alienated myself:meh:But sometimes ya gotta speak up to be heard.

You'll understand when you're a leetist...

Thanks GB I'm still pressing to get some decent shots. I checked your blog nice pics of the climbers. What kind of lens were you using on those?

All sorts of lenses, but I think the primary three were the Pentax DA* 16-50/2.8, 50-135/2.8 and 300/4. Thanks for looking!

I see it differently.

The groups aren't the 'humble beginners' and the 'leetists' (sarcastic use understood) but those who are deeply interested in photography and those others.
Those 'others' fall in a variety of groups:
  • social photographers who show pictures of their kids, their pets, etc, but who really want an on-line comfy, coffee klatch and to be told how cute their kids/pets are.
  • macho guys (of any gender) who think that attitude will make up for any lack of experience or ability
  • completely self-certain people who know that they have nothing to learn from anyone here, are only doing the world a service by showing up and don't need or want any negative comments.

I usually try to ignore the first and the last because they are irredeemable but sometimes the second just irritates me enough to respond. This thread falls into that category.

You are not ready to do events if you like spending a lot of time on the computer tweaking every picture so much. But you should try events anyway.

These types of comments are usually the by-product of incompetence.

Photography is very subjective. The real question is... Are you happy with your photos?

-GPR

Well, this thread is at least entertaining... :lol:

Most reactions

Back