What's new

I am new to photography

icam

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was hoping someone could help answer a couple of questions for a newcomer to photography.
1. I want to buy a good beginner camera. Any recommendations?
2. Are there any good introductory books on photography?

Thanks in advance for any help ;)
 
Hi, welcome.
1. What kind of budget are you working with? Are you wanting a DSLR? People could recommend stuff all day long; we'll need some more details to narrow it down. Off the bat, I'd recommend the Nikon D40 or Canon XS (each company's entry-level DSLR).
2. Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
 
I was hoping someone could help answer a couple of questions for a newcomer to photography.
1. I want to buy a good beginner camera. Any recommendations?
What kind of beginner camera? P&S, Advanced P&S (or Bridge) or DSLR? How much are you looking to spend?
2. Are there any good introductory books on photography?
Yes, there are lots of good introductory books on photography. Take a look at the books by:

Bryan Peterson

Tom Ang

Michael Freeman

The Digital Photography Books by Scott Kelby

Jim Miotke
 
Have you ever used ANY camera before? Give us some idea of where you're coming from.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom