sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this, because of an experience at Cades Cove yesterday. I was way back behind one of the old churches trying to get a shot of the whole church. As I came back down toward the church (from the REALLY short trail leading around the cemetery behind the church), this woman came out from the church and saw me, then turned and exclaimed, quite excitedly, to her friend, "Mary, look, she's a REAL photographer! She even packed her tripod with her!" Her friend appeared in the door of the church and said, in a tone that just dripped with sincere awe..."WOW."

:biglaugh:

I feel like Pinocchio when he realized he was finally a REAL boy!! But mostly, I just wonder what I was before I had the tripod...a pretend photographer, I guess. :D

Since I've bored you all with that little story which is probably only humorous to me, I'll make up for it by boring you with a few shots from the Cove.

1. Cades Cove Panorama:

2. Flower in Cove:

3. Another panorama, with storm clouds rolling in:

cove_0296 by sm4him, on Flickr

Last edited:
I enjoyed the story! I find things humorous that other people don't. I really like the landscape shots! That's something I would like to improve on.

well that does it. I'm gonna start carrying my tripod with me everywhere ! Although carrying a guitar around has not convinced anyone I'm a real musician. :lol:

Nice pictures by the way

You can pretend all you want.
LOVE the flower shot! The panorama's are beautiful!

"Great story bro!" or should I say, "Great story sis!" ??? What to do!!!!!!!

I enjoy your writing style. SO real, and so warm and touching. I guess I gotta get myself a tripod that I can carry...my current 'pod weighs about 13.5 pounds. Best wishes.

I loved the story and the flower shot. I'm going to start carrying a photo of my tripod with me to show to people who think I'm not a real photographer.

I enjoyed the story! I find things humorous that other people don't. I really like the landscape shots! That's something I would like to improve on.

I've really not done any landscapes with my DSLR, but I enjoyed doing these. The downside is that now I'm thinking a wide-angle is gonna have to go on my wish list. :D

You can pretend all you want.
LOVE the flower shot! The panorama's are beautiful!

Thanks, MLeek! I appreciate that!!

I enjoy your writing style. SO real, and so warm and touching. I guess I gotta get myself a tripod that I can carry...my current 'pod weighs about 13.5 pounds. Best wishes.

Thanks, Derrel; somehow, "Great story, sis!" just doesn't seem to have quite the same ring to it, does it?
How about "bro-ette?" :lmao:

Nice. Love that flower!

Ahem. Is it only NOW that you are discovering that having a tripod is de-rigeur to establish your "official" credentials? Do you ever see a FB fauxtographer use a tripod? No, not the dinky 4 inch model that blows over in the breeze of a butterfly's wings. A real tripod. Something that shows you actually care that the horizon is level, that the focus placement is where it is supposed to be and that taking a proper picture takes more than 1/500 sec of preparation.

And do not forget that a proper tripod has more mass and domination power than a set of Chuck Norris numchucks. But you have to use that power responsibly.

Oh, and nice pics, by the way. No, seriously. Love the panorama. Neat angle of view on the flower. And you could do a little PP to make the storm clouds REALLY THREATENING!

I think the term is 'Cool story bro' ;)

Too funny. Love the second one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back