I am practicing in my own back yard..

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Little farm full of funny critters.. this Nikon D500 is getting a workout.. some times very frustrating but i am learning.. but one thing off on the settings and i spend an hour going through them all to find the error.. then i might mess it up fixing that.. anyway i will hopefully ..get there.. but there sure is alot to learn on this camera. Any help or suggestions is always welcome..
1-farm pets 024.JPG
1-farm pets 046.JPG
1-farm pets 031.JPG

Just keep taking plenty of photographs you will learn from your mistakes, good luck........:)

Just keep taking plenty of photographs you will learn from your mistakes, good luck........:)
I will do that for sure.. thank you

Write down your settings on a series of Index Cards? One card for each of the multiple menus.

Write down your settings on a series of Index Cards? One card for each of the multiple menus.
Thats a great idea.. thanks!

I spent more than a year photographing our cats in our backyard. I tried different settings in manual and would check the meta data of the ones I liked and didn't like. I am constantly trying new things and learn something new every week. Keep up the good work

Great idea and with out any public distraction and being right in your own property you can relax much more right things down, take breaks. run in the house for a beverage anytime. Keep at it, you are doing well .

I spent more than a year photographing our cats in our backyard. I tried different settings in manual and would check the meta data of the ones I liked and didn't like. I am constantly trying new things and learn something new every week. Keep up the good work
Thank you for building up my confidence..at times it does feel a bit overwhelming and confusing..sometimes i think it is the lens.. i am under warrenty for lens so will be sending it back for check up.. sometimes does not seem compatible with camera.. but it could be me lol.. your right it takes time and practice

Great idea and with out any public distraction and being right in your own property you can relax much more right things down, take breaks. run in the house for a beverage anytime. Keep at it, you are doing well .
Thank you.. i will not give up..love it too much.. just get inpatient with my lack of knowledge ..

Your not alone, i have no clue about most stuff photography related considering how deep it can go and only care about capturing things I think is worthy at least at the time and knowing how to use and understand my camera and lenses to the best off my and the gear ability.

Your not alone, i have no clue about most stuff photography related considering how deep it can go and only care about capturing things I think is worthy at least at the time and knowing how to use and understand my camera and lenses to the best off my and the gear ability.
Yes i don't care about the real technical stuff but i do want all the basics down firmly in my mind so i won't miss that one and only great shot {in my dreams} Lol thank you

When I was learning, I would take a series of photos based on the menu I was trying out. It was easy to take 100+ photos and then format the card.

yes it is easy.. especially with this fast camera.. sometimes i think it will get worn out it goes so fast..thank you Cheryl..

Keep at it, keep practicing shooting, keep practicing editing and post-processing your shoots,and your skills will improve! I admire your dedication and enthusiasm.

Keep at it, keep practicing shooting, keep practicing editing and post-processing your shoots,and your skills will improve! I admire your dedication and enthusiasm.
Thank you Derrel .. I appreciate your help

Most reactions

New Topics

Back