I can see my house from here!

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This was from a visit to a place called frodsham hill, a very high point, you can see most of cheshire and merseyside from here

jodrellbank055.jpg

and i panned to the left and zoomed in on this oil refinery.

jodrellbank052.jpg

thanks for looking.

lots of industry there! what a beautiful country side it once must have been.

nice clear crisp shots! thanks for sharing. reminds me of the old 60's tune "ferry across the mersey" by gerry and the pacemakers. **running to download it now**

thanks for that jonmikal! funny you should say that i think that the mersey estuary is just to the left of that refinery! BTW great song!!!

Oh! Cheshire is that way up north... my geography of the British Isles needs refreshing. Thought it was elsewere... oh well. These photos look very "British" to me - called my husband over to ask him if he knew that Oil Refinery (he knows a good many worldwide) but he did not recognise it. (He visted one near Birmingham only a couple of weeks ago).

You must climb up on that hill more often whenever there's nice weather like this! I would like to see more (and I would like to see you on our European meet-up in London on 20-21 August!, good moment to mention it and draw your attention to your planning thread in "Photo Locations").

Thanks Lafoto! actually cheshire is in the northwest it starts about 60 miles past birmingham going north, and yes i will try to find out what that oil refinery is called and pm you.You will undoubtedly see more from the top of that hill as i'll be visiting again real soon.Regarding the meetup unfortunately i don't get back from cornwall untill the 24th of august, i will definately keep my eye on the calendar for the next time, thanks again Lafoto.

d015.gif
Awww, sniff: you were one of those who I really wanted to get to know!
g045.gif

I was born in a row of houses called Frodsham Villas, sounds grand but wasn't really - is that the M56 in the top one? was up and down there quite a bit last year.

Nice shots!

thanks tempra! well spotted it is the m56, you can't miss frodsham hill from the motorway, it's the one with the war monument on top.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back