I can't see!!

Chelsda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For some reason, I am able to better focus my camera with my glasses than my contacts. I prefer to shoot without having my glasses in the way. They are the same script so I am not sure what the issue is. Any recommendations on what type of contact lenses to get?

Welcome to the forum.

The problem may be the distance that your eye is from the viewfinder and how that differs when you are wearing glasses vs contacts. It guess it could be possible that your eyes just won't focus well on close objects while wearing your contacts. That's something to ask your optometrist.

What camera do you have? Many SLR cameras have a diopter adjustment on the viewfinder, which will allow you to compensate the focus of the viewfinder.

This is a problem for many of us who wear glasses and whose eyes are unable to focus at different distances readily. Such conditions as might cause that are being over 40 and having presbyopia. or "old-age far-sightedness." There are other conditions that cause the lens to lose flexibility, too.

Most, but not all, cameras these days have a relative viewing distance of about 1 meter. Having your glasses or contacts set to focus at 1 meter usually solves the problem, but induces others.

You can also get corrective lenses for your camera's viewing system and some cameras even have adjustable correction built in. The add-on kinds are called "diopters." They are available on-line and most large camera stores. The problem is figuring out what correction to buy, so go to a big camera store and try them until you find your proper value.

Have you tried adjust the diopter setting on your viefinder? That may fix the issue or should atleast. The easy way is to focus on something with writing and, set it till you can read it clearly.

Thanks everyone! This has been really helpful! I have been shooting with a new camera at work and found the diopter this morning. I think that will make a big difference.

Most reactions

Back