I chalenge you..

Derrel said:
The D3200 looks pretty attractive to me based upon its high MP count (24 megapixels) sensor and its $699 retail price and the F-mount. What kills it for me though is the awful pentamirror viewfinder it is saddled with...yeech!

These are good points, but pixel count and viewfinder don't madder for video... Although I would love the ability to look through the viewfinder on my T3i while filming.

-Ken Turner

Viewfinder matters for photos. And this will primarily be my infrared camera. So, it still matters to me. It's just a hit that I can take here. MP count also does count for video, though. Higher MP=finer resolution, finer grain, and sharper detail potential (should you have the lenses to take advantage of it).

Mark

Markw said:
Viewfinder matters for photos. And this will primarily be my infrared camera. So, it still matters to me. It's just a hit that I can take here. MP count also does count for video, though. Higher MP=finer resolution, finer grain, and sharper detail potential (should you have the lenses to take advantage of it).

Mark

Sorry, I was only talking about the video perspective of the camera...

-Ken Turner

Don't Nikon DSLRs use a pretty bad method of compression as well? I don't know what container their files come in, but I heard that it's "inferior" in terms of quality to what other brands use...

My D300s produced .AVIs. My D800 produces .MOV files. But, the beauty about the D800 is its clean HDMI out. The footage from the camera itself looks incredible to me (I'm making a film with mine as we speak), and is only better when using the HDMI out. Personally, I've never used a Canon for video, but the files from my D800 looks as good as any Canon footage I've seen.

Mark

Most reactions

Back