I could not pass by this odd structure - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
- - in Lisbon Portugal without taking a shot.

P4260058v1.jpg

Hmm, Google suggests it is Elevador de Santa Justa ... you will have to confirm this.

Definitely something to take a picture of.

C'mon Man its the roof top swimming pool.You just jump from one of the other buildings to the pool see if you can make a splash.

Nice find.

How have you been? I haven’t seen anything from you ina while.

Ron, nice shot, definately a unique building. :encouragement:

View attachment 162636

It's indeed a lift that connects the upper and lower part of Lisbon, it is a tourist attraction(when working) and a National Monument of more than 100 years old.
Besides the elevator you have a stone staircase to go up/down, because this lift rarely works, we're in Lisbon in 1978 and 2008 and both times this lift did not work. I miss the experience of a ride, but I don't think Lisbon is interesting enough to go there again and with the risk that this lift still doesn't work.

Gerard

It wasn't working when I was there in June.

View attachment 162636

It's indeed a lift that connects the upper and lower part of Lisbon, it is a tourist attraction(when working) and a National Monument of more than 100 years old.
Besides the elevator you have a stone staircase to go up/down, because this lift rarely works, we're in Lisbon in 1978 and 2008 and both times this lift did not work. I miss the experience of a ride, but I don't think Lisbon is interesting enough to go there again and with the risk that this lift still doesn't work.

Gerard

We preferred Porto to Lisbon. It was very disappointing to see graffiti all over Lisbon.

View attachment 162636

Gerard

We preferred Porto to Lisbon. It was very disappointing to see graffiti all over Lisbon.

The wife and I thought the same. Lisbon was way more crowded and dirtier. At least there are many places close to Lisbon that were very nice like Sintra and Cascais.

Most reactions

Back