I decided to try black and white.... I think I'm in love.

Just got a red hoya filter. can't wait to get some photos back!

Just got a red hoya filter.
Very well. What weather did you have while shooting ? What time of a day ? That, post #38, was shot in July around 3 PM with orange filter:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photo-themes/3433-landscapes-3.html
The same setup, April, around 4-5 PM
$3.jpg
Action of a filter depends on few factors, but basically it goes down to the amount of blue light in the spectrum.

Just got a red hoya filter.
Very well. What weather did you have while shooting ? What time of a day ?
Mainly sunny mid day shooting. just random stuff... buildings, tress etc. I just wanted to get a feel for what it will do with my own experience. I hope to get a orange filter soon for something with a little less contrast.

I will post when I see them.

Orange or red as I said their action is not written in the stone formula. Here for change all with red filter:
$#106.jpg$#107.jpg$church1.jpg
A bit mixed up upload. Church is shot in April, daytime around 3 - 4 PM, street shot is from February around 2 PM.

Attachments

• $church3.jpg
    $church3.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 146
I don't know, why this fourth picture is an Attached Thumbnail. How you can see, the angle of the camera has an influence. (Mea culpa, I like to point 20 mm lens upwards. :lol:)

I don't know, why this fourth picture is an Attached Thumbnail. How you can see, the angle of the camera has an influence. (Mea culpa, I like to point 20 mm lens upwards. :lol:)

Very cool, I really like the photo of the church with the power lines. I am surprised( but not upset) that it is not as consistent as I was expecting. Why would the angle of the lens make a difference?

The most of blue light is just above the horizon, the least above your head.
$1.jpg
Another one with red filter. You can see, where was the sun. 3 PM.
The amount of blue light is inconsistent and I don't know any practical method to discover that beforehand. Even direction if the sun could be fluid. Here shot right into the sun, red filter:
$after storm_1.jpg
(Don't mind the quality of this pics, they are quick scans from prints only)

Were these shot with the 20mm as well? I really want to get a wider angle lens but am having a hard time finding one, realizing that I have the spotmatic, not the K1000. and lenses seem to be difficult to find. where is a good place to look?

Timor, I love seeing all your pictures in this thread! We don't get to see your work very often :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back