I did it.....

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took the plunge...

I just ordered the Nikon D750, upgrading from my D5100.

I've been reaching the limits of my D5100 recently and I've got two weddings coming up, so figured it was finally time.

:bouncingsmileys::bouncingsmileys::bouncingsmileys::bouncingsmileys::bouncingsmileys:

Congrats! I think that for the people work that you shoot, you will find the FX sensor format and the much larger viewfinder image to be a big help. The 70-300mm zoom lens will now become very useful outdoors, and you will no longer need to stand back a country mile to use it to shoot photos that have standing, full-length people in them. The big difference between modern DX and modern FX cameras is not so much the image quality as it is the way common lens lengths are used in actual photography scenarios. The 35mm and 50mm, 85mm, and 70-200 or 70-300 lenses get a huge boost in usefulness in many social photography situations.

Congrats! I think that for the people work that you shoot, you will find the FX sensor format and the much larger viewfinder image to be a big help. The 70-300mm zoom lens will now become very useful outdoors, and you will no longer need to stand back a country mile to use it to shoot photos that have standing, full-length people in them. The big difference between modern DX and modern FX cameras is not so much the image quality as it is the way common lens lengths are used in actual photography scenarios. The 35mm and 50mm, 85mm, and 70-200 or 70-300 lenses get a huge boost in usefulness in many social photography situations.

indeed!
the test shots I took in the studio lighting donation thread were with the 70-200 f/2.8 lens in my living room.
its a lens i have not been able to use indoors for the most part because of limited space.
full frame makes that lens far more than just an "outdoor" lens like it was on the crop frame cameras.

At some point, I will grab a FF and look through the viewfinder. I'm afraid it may spark something I am not ready for. :)

Last edited:
I'm excited to have taken this step :)

And I wouldn't have gotten here if it wasn't for the support of this community.

Moving from DX to the D750 was a big step for me, one that I am happy I did.
You are really going to love the D750.
I actually have also the D5100 as my second body/backup camera, the differences between the D5100 and D750 especially in lower light is big and significant.

Enjoy your new camera! :)

DGMPhotography said:

So...when do you send us our $15 checks?

Moving from DX to the D750 was a big step for me, one that I am happy I did.
You are really going to love the D750.
I actually have also the D5100 as my second body/backup camera, the differences between the D5100 and D750 especially in lower light is big and significant.

Enjoy your new camera! :)

That's good to hear! Thank you! :)

DGMPhotography said:

So...when do you send us our $15 checks?

Oh, I thought I already sent those. Must have got lost in the mail. Oh well.

Congratulations on the jump! I can't wait to see what you create with it.

Me neither!

Enjoy your new camera. I bought one recently and love it. It takes a bit of time to get use to the fast frame rate though. :D

That's a problem I wouldn't mind having!

I'm really going to miss the fully articulating screen my D5100 has, but besides that, I am very satisfied!

XtMMnKx3EG-2.JPG

Below are some photos I took with it so far!

ACAWeb-5.JPG ACAWeb-15.JPG ACAWeb-19.JPG

Yes the flipscreen of the D5x00 line (minus the D5000) is awesome. Kept missing it on my D600. Now with the D750 its at least partly back.

Most reactions

Back