I don't know squat, but you guys are amazing.

peapodgrrl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"Guys" meant figuratively. ;)

Howdy, I am new, and am happy to meet you all. I am just enjoying the heck out of these beautiful pieces of art. I especially love the work posted on this forum :)

I am a professional digital artist and designer, and my photographic technical knowledge wouldn't fit on the head of a pin. I have so much to learn that my head hurts. My work is usually more post processed in PS than it is TTL. But I am having so much fun---better than my addiction to chocolate ice cream for the obvious reasons.

Just thought I'd post a few pieces. Please forgive me for the watermarks; I am so tired of theft and hotlinking (I print my art on glass, ceramic and stone) and these are copies of what I posted online. I know the watermark is annoying but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Hope you don't find it *too* annoying.

Nice to meet you and thank you for taking a peek at my stuff.

Warmly,
Peapodgrrl

centerstage_lg.jpg

wild_gold_lg.jpg

snowballs_new_lg.jpg

Welcome.

Of the three I like the second the most.

I usually keep a separate directory on my servers for the photos I post here for some reason. Not too much a problem. The commercial site is an entirely different matter. Developing a quick and easy way to rename files is part of the game I suppose.

2 & 3 are quite lovely. 2 is especially interesting.
#1 has a real problem in that the sharpest part of the image is part of a leaf and the mulch. This draws the ye away from whate you intend to be the central area of itnerest.

I love the second one. The lighting and composition really are good.

Thank you Clark Kent, The Traveler and Abraxas (great album) for the welcome and the kind comments :)

Abraxas, that's a good idea about a separate directory. I think I will do that.

I am pleased that post processing doesn't seem to be deemed as the work of the devil, as it is on many fractal art forums as well as digital/traditional art forums. People actually argue about the "purity" of techniques, instead of concentrating on the artistic value of a piece, no matter how one gets there or what tools they used. Do you guys find that on photography forums as well?

I agree about the first one, Traveler, I wasn't happy with it and didn't know exactly why :)

As a Brooklyn, New Yawk girl, I am now blessed to be living in beautiful Vermont, and anyone who walks around with a camera in this State is in a constant state of swoon. It's just so beautiful here, and you want to bring your camera with you even if you're merely going to the local feed store. The people are another story, though. *ahem*

I am very pleased to be here and to meet you all.

Warmly,
Peapodgrrl

Peoples art is very subjective peapodgirl.
However they get there doesn't matter just that they do.
There are 6 bilion people in the world and not all
will like your stuff so it is almost pointless worry about the opinions of other people.
If you are happy and satisfied with your work thats what really matters.
There will be people that like it. :)

I like and enjoy your work a lot. Its very nice.

Thank you so much, Boogaguy. I totally agree that it doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you do. You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at how many don't share that contention.

Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate them.

:)

just hurrying through .. so all I will say now is welcome to the forum :)

Most reactions

Back