I don’t know what I should ask for

My main concern was losing control of my images and them think I was giving unlimited rights. I offered them a free image of each player (30 total) for web for the season. And I asked for one-time rights at a far market value for anything that they might what to print in the magazine or used by their parent company. Think my offer was more that far.

Also I was approached my them thru a PM on their web site

Ok so now we have some facts. May be that you overwhelmed the editor. 30 images is a lot of work. Throw in exclusive rights and fair market value and things can get a little sticky. Commitment is tough for some publishers. Sometimes changes are made all the way until deadline. Both those factors weigh heavy on their decision. Sounds like they were just looking for 1 or 2 images.

I know little to nothing of web publishing. Your deal is definitely fair. Getting them to sign on the line that is dotted is the main thing. What works for some folks may not work for others.

Since this a discussion forum... I would have say that I would of handled it differently. Tread lightly and keep an open dialogue. If someone would like to use an image talk with them and figure out size and placement. Then understand their budget and what should be charged.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back