I feel so special. I finally got a scam e-mail for weddings.

CCericola

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.csjstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hehe. Here is the scam e-mail I got. I filled out the e-scam report on the FBI website. Might help, might not. At least I did my part.

Subject: INVITATION FOR WEDDING SHOOT IN CANADA
Date: March 14, 2012 3:53:39 PM EDT

Hi! I'm Kelly Rodriguez. Mike and I will be getting married soon. We will be needing some one ASAP to photograph our wedding occasion scheduled for , 05.12.2012 starting from 10;00 AM - 04;00 PM . So what I am asking is -;

A package which includes six hours of shooting time plus a 20 page custom designed album .

THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:

* 6 hours of photography; Mix of color and black and white, creative effects.

* 350+ professionally processed wedding photos, some in print and on CD or USB)

* 20 page custom wedding album - all prints on archival quality .

Album in top quality, elegant and built to last a lifetime for the memory of our kids and families.

* 11x14 Portrait Print - We'll choose any image from the wedding photos .

So some questions I have are ;-

- What is your base price fee for what I am asking? Is that negotiable?

- Your availability/ schedule for the 12th of MAY? You available?

- willing to travel ? considering both the lodging and the travels will be taken care of.

Please email back confirming your availability. Thank you

Kelly Rodriguez.
[email protected]

- What is your base price fee for what I am asking?

$48,417.32 US. Sign the attached contract, and return with a deposit of 50% ($24,208.66 US).

Is that negotiable?

Nope.

- Your availability/ schedule for the 12th of MAY? You available?

Not a problem.

- willing to travel ?

Yepper!

considering both the lodging and the travels will be taken care of.

My travel & lodging expenses are included in the price.

It was just weird... They didnt even use my photography email, got to my personal one and it was obviously a mass email because i was BCC'ed on it. But I dont know why its a scam persay. I feel like a bride who is mass emailing wedding photog's is going to be very difficult to work with. (Personal Opinion)

I just received the exact email... I knew something was wrong just by the way it was written.

How do they get our email addresses and what is their purpose for sending out these spam emails? Any Ideas?

Don Pedrino
Los Angeles Engagement Photography - Yours and Mine Studio

You know how everyone drops their business card in the little jar for a chance at winning a 'prize'?

Guess what the prize is.

edit
That may not be what happened here - but that is a major source of information for scammers. They just ask for contact information, and thousands of people hand it over without even thinking about it.

It was just weird... They didnt even use my photography email, got to my personal one and it was obviously a mass email because i was BCC'ed on it. But I dont know why its a scam persay. I feel like a bride who is mass emailing wedding photog's is going to be very difficult to work with. (Personal Opinion)
Or she may be a bride who knows exactly what she wants, has the money to pay for it, and is trying to find someone to provide exactly what she wants.

Maybe it is a scam, I admit it is somewhat odd especially since it wasn't sent to your photography email, but I honestly don't see anything that unusual about someone asking for pricing on exactly what they want.

Or she may be a bride who knows exactly what she wants, has the money to pay for it, and is trying to find someone to provide exactly what she wants.

Maybe it is a scam, I admit it is somewhat odd especially since it wasn't sent to your photography email, but I honestly don't see anything that unusual about someone asking for pricing on exactly what they want.

Ummmmm....you seem to be a genuinely trusting individual SCraig....I find myself a bit short of cash this month for expenses...could you perhaps see your way clear to loan me $50,000, just until the first of next month?? I'll pay you back, with interest! Cash would be preferred. I can arrange a courier service to pick the bag full of cash up anywhere in Tennessee. Thanks so much! Signed, Scammer D.

... and what is their purpose for sending out these spam emails? Any Ideas?
Um, just a guess, but maybe they are looking for a wedding photographer? Why do you think it's spam?

First, the wedding is in Canada, the OP is in New Jersey. Kinda out of the OPs area, I would think.

Second, they simply copied someone's website:

THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* 6 hours of photography; Mix of color and black and white, creative effects.
* 350+ professionally processed wedding photos, some in print and on CD or USB)
* 20 page custom wedding album - all prints on archival quality .
Album in top quality, elegant and built to last a lifetime for the memory of our kids and families.
* 11x14 Portrait Print - We'll choose any image from the wedding photos .

If its a scam, what do they stand to gain?

I agree it's a phony or phishing email, and would bet that if you replied as if you believed them they would want bank info "to wire you money from a rich Nigerian relative".

Just an odd approach.

LoL Derrel!

Yeah it's the second one I got. I mean no harm in responding but I am just not sure what the point of it is. I have never given out my personal email address for photog stuff but someone must have gotten it obviously. Anyways, The good thing is I googled her name and email address and found this forum so I signed up. Gotta play around on here now and see what it is all about!

Ummmmm....you seem to be a genuinely trusting individual SCraig....I find myself a bit short of cash this month for expenses...could you perhaps see your way clear to loan me $50,000, just until the first of next month?? I'll pay you back, with interest! Cash would be preferred. I can arrange a courier service to pick the bag full of cash up anywhere in Tennessee. Thanks so much! Signed, Scammer D.

Last edited:
That's not necessary. Just send me the account number and account holder's name where you want the money deposited and I'll take care of the rest ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back